• icmc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jan 2020 20:59 #1 by icmc
Hi all
The hardware: I have a Vigor 2926ac, Vigor 2860ac and a Vigor 910c
What is it that I want to achieve? Well simply a secure Network. That is the reason I have Draytek.

So far: I have set up my 2926 as my main entry point and connected successfully the AP910c. So this is working. The channel on 2.4Ghz is 11 and secondary is 7.
Then I tried to set-up the 2860. I changed the IP Address and set to the DHCP to disabled. I configured the WLAN that I have a guest Network on the 2860 and set it to channel 2, set up security and searched for the AP Discovery
I then entered the Values to WDS settings and used Bridge set my PSK set AP to enable and rebooted. I set the 2926 to exact the same settings obviously the MAC the other way. Going to link status shows me constantly D no traffic from this link. And when i try to connect my mobile with the 2860 it tells me i cannot get an IP address.
What am I doing wrong?

Can someone point me into the right direction please.
I would be so grateful for some answers.

Thx
Ian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jan 2020 01:26 #2 by hornbyp

icmc wrote:
So far: I have set up my 2926 as my main entry point and connected successfully the AP910c. So this is working.

How is the 910c connected to the 2926ac? Wirelessly or via the LAN?

and he wrote: Then I tried to set-up the 2860. I changed the IP Address...and searched for the AP Discovery

So you're going to run the 2860ac as a Bridge or Repeater? ...with the 2926ac as the other end of the link?

If yes, then this:

I then entered the Values to WDS settings and used Bridge set my PSK set AP to enable and rebooted. I set the 2926 to exact the same settings obviously the MAC the other way

Sounds about right to me. I had it working with a 2860n <-> 2830n (Bridge mode), but abandoned it due to fairly dire performance. But actually getting the link up, was just a case of following the manual.

It could just be a typo in the Pre-shared key...
Have a look in Syslog Explorer (or better still implement a Syslog server) and see what gets written there.

I would be so grateful for some answers.

Sorry it's mainly questions :|

• icmc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jan 2020 07:54 #3 by icmc
Hi Hornbyp

Thanks for taking time to answer.
The 910 is connected via LAN.
Yes the 2860 is the repeater in the next house and the 2926 is the main distributor and connection point.

Will check the PSK right now and come back to you in due course.

Thx
Ian

• icmc
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
20 Jan 2020 08:13 #4 by icmc
Hi Hornbyp

You are a life saviour.
Have I done everything right? Yes.
Was I to stupid to get the PSK and both units the same? Yes!!!

Thx for pointing this out to double check. This was exactly the problem in the PSK.
So my connection is now up. Let me see now if I get this to work.Still quite a bit to learn for me on this network. Need to get security running properly now with strict IP bind and VLAN. See how this goes

Thx for your help. Much appreciated

Thx
Ian