Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3910 LAN Disconnecting

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
28 Feb 2020 13:16 #19 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: 3910 LAN Disconnecting
Ive buckled, going to give this another go, found some stock.

Edit
Well the new one came with the latest firmware, I bet they recalled all old stock and sent out new stock.
Anyway, its plugged in and happily doing normal stuff without any problems so far. Still some bits missing from firmware though eg No USB menu option as far as I can see, that was the only one so far as I usually syslog to usb stick and back config also.
Im using 2xWAN into SFP+ 10Gbe LAN.

Edit2
Well its just had a fit and I had to reset it - looks like there is still problems - ive logged a support ticket, god knows whats going on.

Edit3
Its now not usable, everytime I plug rest of LAN in it slows/dies, unplug LAN (with just single laptop plugged in) it comes back to life, rinse and repeat. Ill see what draytek say next week.

Edit4
After resetting I just did a very basic setup, DOS defence on, a few policy routes, couple of firewall rules to block things outbound and thats about it, so far its been up for over an hour and its appears stable on 2 WANS. Going to leave alone now and see what happens, also turned syslog on to a syslog server.

Edit5
Its been in all weekend now, made more small config changes and all so far appears ok.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
03 Mar 2020 09:48 #20 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: 3910 LAN Disconnecting
New firmware 3.9.2 available, adds some more features, nothing really new that isnt already on their other devices 3220 etc - does allow port selection now so WAN/LAN switchable.

Mines been stable since initial issues.

More
03 Mar 2020 14:04 #21 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 3910 LAN Disconnecting
That's good to hear. I think the models do undergo through testing but with infinite topologies, there will always be scenarios (combinations) which don't get tested. That's not excusing problems, just understanding them as an early adopter, but glad it's all fine now.

Forum Administrator