DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2862 shocking after 3.9.2 ?

More
19 Mar 2020 13:15 #7 by x64
Replied by x64 on topic Re: 2862 shocking after 3.9.2 ?

x64 wrote:
I don’t find 3.9.2 any better or worse than the other last couple of versions.

I still get occasional uncommanded restarts (at inconvenient times). The std advice, debugging, and extensive logging for unexpected restarts yields no info. :roll:

Quick update from my situation.

The past two weeks have seen a several unexpected restarts of my 2862ac (on 3.9.2).

The most recent was yesterday, I was just getting into 'working from home', and the router restarted, dropping 2 VPNs (from PCs to work - not into the 2862) and an important voip phone call. Enough was enough and my 2862 is now disconnected and looking down in disdain at the young upstart Fritzzbox which is in its place... A shame as taking my 2862 out of service for the time being means that everything but my basic home network is offline... But needs must...

On this last uncommanded restart "sys ver dbg" did have info on the exception, hoverer I didn't have the time or inclination to copy it. Maybe, once I calm down....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• juleswilko
  • Topic Author
More
20 Mar 2020 23:05 #8 by juleswilko
Replied by juleswilko on topic Re: 2862 shocking after 3.9.2 ?
Still getting my ass kicked on some requested beta firmware...

Wireless is regularly dropping out - which I get to witness as my Lenovo smart clock keeps reconnecting in front of me...

I'm baffled and I've got a house hold of angry Corona isolationists.

So - I installed some TP Link access points to get the family to connect to that - no problems - whilst I suffer at the hands of Draytek's wireless.

I've also now got a P2121 switch that refuses to firmware update and I'm properly losing my mind... That's going to get ripped out for a TP Link PoE switch tomorrow...

Just what I don't need!

• 36bits
  • User
  • User
More
26 Mar 2020 10:34 #9 by 36bits
Replied by 36bits on topic Re: 2862 shocking after 3.9.2 ?
DrayTek need to start taking firmware fixes and quality issues a lot more seriously. A good start would be to have a publicly accessible bug database, along the lines of the Cisco Bug Search Tool or Red Hat's Bugzilla.

As things currently stand I find that it's just not possible to recommend their products in good faith.

• klemm
  • User
  • User
More
26 Mar 2020 20:14 #10 by klemm
Replied by klemm on topic Re: 2862 shocking after 3.9.2 ?
I have suffered with poor Wifi requiring router daily restarts to resolve, and Adsl dropping multiple times per day. Since installing 3.9.2 the router is now crashing multiple times per day.

I spent many hours with support back and too, as a business class router this class if service is shocking.

I have now removed DrayTek from my setup and replaced with Ubiquiti Edge router, Ubiquiti AC Pro and BT OpenReach Modem. All is now rock solid uptime for 6 days.

DrayTek will not RMA unless I waste more of my valuable time debugging there junk un-tested firmware updates.

Such a waste of £450, I'm too honest to list this item on eBay, but I just might have to but explain why i'm selling.

• focustechnology
  • User
  • User
More
27 Mar 2020 12:50 #11 by focustechnology
Replied by focustechnology on topic Re: 2862 shocking after 3.9.2 ?
Hi, yes, i have been having the same problem for weeks and Draytek do not seem to want to acknowledge it.

What i get is:
1) Wifi says connected, no internet, cannot ping or open router interface.
2) Wifi connected with internet and cannot ping or open router interface.
3) Wifi connected but packet loss ranging from one or two to 30 or 40 over the space of a few minutes.
4) When this is happening it impacts entire WIFI network.

After much troubleshooting, factory resets etc i found the issue to be a faulty WIFI nic adapter, once swapped out the WIFI works fine.
So, i would recommend shutting off all devices and reconnecting one at a time and isolate the faulty adapter.

• jabbawok
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2020 15:36 #12 by jabbawok
Replied by jabbawok on topic Re: 2862 shocking after 3.9.2 ?
3.9.2 seems to break the IGMP multicast functionality for BT IPTV.(works for a few minutes then throws an error) roll back to 3.9.1 and it works again. (2762AC)