DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor 2860n+ Firmware Update Gone Wrong

• borikken
  • Topic Author
More
28 Mar 2020 17:24 #1 by borikken
Hi, I’ve been desperately trying to reset/upgrade the firmware on my Draytek vigor2860n+, all the network of the company I work for relies on it and 20+ VPNs now. I updated last night to the version 3.8.9.7, it was on 3.8.9.5. I did it using the web interface, somehow, when the router got rebooted it wasn’t working anymore, it doesn’t connect to the ethernet, only the DSL led stayed on and sometimes the 3 left ones start blinking, already tried to do a factory reset and update via Firmware Upgrade Utility v3.6.10, sometimes it goes well as it should, even says the router is active, but never works, pings or anything else. Their support staff just recommended to use the firmware upgrade utility, but I’m screwed until I can revive this one. We just use the ISP router to pass the ethernet to this one.

Any help would be so much appreciated, the healthcare institution I work is in a worry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2020 02:48 #2 by hornbyp

BORIKKEN wrote:
...already tried to do a factory reset and update via Firmware Upgrade Utility v3.6.10, sometimes it goes well as it should, even says the router is active

When it's in this state - i.e. supposedly working,but not accessible, perhaps it's reverted to default settings? [IP 192.168.1.1, Username/Password admin/admin]

(Even if you don't use 192.168.1.0/24 as your normal LAN address, I wouldn't expect you to have to reconfigure your PC - unless DHCP is not enabled on your management PC...)

• borikken
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2020 23:18 #3 by borikken
I already tried that, when it is sending it I can ping it, but never access it via web, telnet or ssh, already tried the last firmware version and the newer one I was trying to upgrade to

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2020 23:38 #4 by hornbyp
There was a similar report here: https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23181 , which didn't seem to end well :cry:

eBay replacement?: https://ebay.us/PsshQV