Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Download Speed issues , 2862

• jonpratchett
  • Topic Author
More
01 Apr 2020 18:57 #1 by jonpratchett
Download Speed issues , 2862 was created by jonpratchett
Hi

I have new 2862 (Latest BT Firmware) with a BT infinity on VDSL (working great) and Virgin media on WAN2
Virgin router set to modem mode.
No matter what I do I cannot get more than about 150mb down on the virgin line. It should be 300mb ish. If I plug direct into the virgin router I get that speed.
I have turned firewall off
I am not using vlans
I am not using QOS
I am not using bandwidth management

All i am doing is forcing specific IP's to use a specific WAN port.

Pretty much switched eveything off on the router to see if I can get the speed up but no joy.
Even played with MTU

Any advice? Can believe this router cant rout more than 150mb

Thanks

Jon Pratchett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
02 Apr 2020 00:03 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Download Speed issues , 2862

jonpratchett wrote:
No matter what I do I cannot get more than about 150mb down on the virgin line. It should be 300mb ish. If I plug direct into the virgin router I get that speed.

Can('t) believe this router can't rout(e) more than 150mb

No, me neither. My 6 year old Vigor 2860 rattled along quite nicely at 220Mbps on a Virgin connection. The claimed performance for the 2862 (Firewall on) is 400Mb/s

However, you're not the first to have troubles with throughput on the 2862. See: https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23347

All I could suggest, is:

• Save the configuration.

• Reset to default

• Make the bare minimum changes, to allow it to work with the VM Hub. (DHCP on WAN2) MTU is 1500 for Virgin, IIRC)

• Use your shortest, bestest cables and connect only the VM Hub, the 2862 and a test PC

• Use a few different speed tests.

• For completeness, set VM Hub back to Router mode and confirm speed.

If it should happen to be OK in this minimalist configuration, then it would be a matter of making changes one at a time, until it isn't.
If it's still dire, then it's a question for Draytek to answer, or the shop from where you bought it...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.