Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Address rewrite rule

• ian855
  • Topic Author
More
02 Apr 2020 20:52 #1 by ian855
Address rewrite rule was created by ian855
v3900 FW1.5.1

I have a necessity to rewrite an internal destination IP address (192.168.0.222) to an external IP address (81.145.x.x) and send out over the WAN interface.

I have a feeling that policy route maybe able to help here but not really sure if it could or how.

Does anyone know if this can be done on the v3900 and how?

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
03 Apr 2020 03:03 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Address rewrite rule

Ian855 wrote:
I have a necessity to rewrite an internal destination IP address (192.168.0.222) to an external IP address (81.145.x.x) and send out over the WAN interface

To me, that just sounds like the normal workings of NAT ... or is there some other complication :?

More
03 Apr 2020 09:37 #3 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Address rewrite rule
Have a look at the Policy Route guide, it covers Address Mapping, which can map the internal IP to use a specific external IP address. That controls outbound traffic.

For inbound traffic, you need to set up a [NAT] > [Open Ports] or [Port Redirection] rule.

Forum Administrator

• ian855
  • Topic Author
More
03 Apr 2020 10:17 #4 by ian855
Replied by ian855 on topic Re: Address rewrite rule

hornbyp wrote:

Ian855 wrote:
I have a necessity to rewrite an internal destination IP address (192.168.0.222) to an external IP address (81.145.x.x) and send out over the WAN interface

To me, that just sounds like the normal workings of NAT ... or is there some other complication :?

Just to clarify, I need to replicate a customers setup to test an issue with our software.
So, our software needs to go to a particular external URL that resolves to 81.145.x.x
The customer blocks all outgoing traffic at the firewall.
The customers internal DNS will resolve the URL to a internal 10. IP address.
This IP address is then routed to the firewall.
The firewall will then rewrite the internal 10. IP address to the 81.145.x.x for the URL and allow it through the firewall.

Ideas?

More
22 Jul 2022 09:29 #5 by tracyeastwood
Replied by tracyeastwood on topic Re: Address rewrite rule
Hi

I also need to do a similar thing, whereby I want to send a URL request Https://xxx.domain.com to a specific internal LAN IP address using a specific pot number

The Draytek router allows the URL to go to an IP address but not a specific port.

Does anyone know if this can be achieved

Thanks in advance
Tracy

More
22 Jul 2022 18:15 #6 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Address rewrite rule
I thought Route Policy allowed you to specify ports, or have I misunderstood what you're trying to do?