Vigor 130 on Sky Fibre

• m0ngr3ll
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Apr 2020 21:01 #1 by m0ngr3ll
Vigor 130 on Sky Fibre was created by m0ngr3ll
I'm having trouble getting my Vigor 130 setup properly on Sky Q Fibre. I have followed the DrayTek guide of setting up the Vigor 130 to act as a modem, including adding Option 61 and the DHCP for Sky/TalkTalk but I've had no joy with it. I can't get the Showtime status and can only assume I've gone wrong with the setup, the DrayTek setup did seem to give different instructions to what I had available on my screen. I'm trying to achieve the Vigor 130 as a modem, with a VDSL (I believe) line from the Sky Microfilter to the Vigor 130 and an Ethernet from the 130 into a Netgear Nighthawk XR300. From research I know Sky uses MER/Option 61 but setting this up still resulted in the XR300 having obtained no IP.

Can anyone advise me? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Apr 2020 11:14 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 130 on Sky Fibre
The Vigor 130 doesn't make the DHCP request on its own as it's only operating as a bridge / modem. Make sure the Vigor 130 is set up for Bridge mode , then set up DHCP option 60 & 61 as shown in this guide , but you'd need to find out how to set up those DHCP options on the Nighthawk XR300.

Forum Administrator

• m0ngr3ll
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
06 Apr 2020 16:55 #3 by m0ngr3ll
Replied by m0ngr3ll on topic Re: Vigor 130 on Sky Fibre
Thanks for the reply, after giving that a try I’m still having no luck. Stuck for ideas and have fried my brain after being at it for hours :(

More
10 Apr 2020 02:16 #4 by madexmatt
Replied by madexmatt on topic Re: Vigor 130 on Sky Fibre
doesn't sky fibre need Mac address configuration too for authentication?