DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Access Plusnet modem UI on Vigor2920 WAN1

• thegoody
  • Topic Author
More
20 Apr 2020 14:36 #7 by thegoody
Replied by thegoody on topic Re: Access Plusnet modem UI on Vigor2920 WAN1
Think I'll pick up a HG633 and see how I get on from there. Thanks for the help!

Vigor2920 and just enough knowledge to be dangerous

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thegoody
  • Topic Author
More
28 Apr 2020 15:47 #8 by thegoody
HG633 arrived yesterday and I got it installed today (after a little bit of argument with the PlusNet modem/router who was not keen to give up his secrets!)

HG633 is now running in bridge mode with wifi off and all seems to be working well. I now see a much more internet-y IP address from the menus in the 2920. As it stands I just put it in bridge mode, disabled it's DHCP client and left it at that. Should I be setting any port forwarding? I also forgot to disable the HG633's firewall, think it's probably best to do so, let the 2920 handle that.

Thanks for the suggestion @hornbyp :D

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
28 Apr 2020 17:09 #9 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Access Plusnet modem UI on Vigor2920 WAN1

TheGoody wrote: Should I be setting any port forwarding? I also forgot to disable the HG633's firewall, think it's probably best to do so, let the 2920 handle that.

The HG633 needs to be in as minimal a state as possible. You'd think that setting "Bridge Mode" would be enough, but it's not - hence having to disable Wifi etc.

You do get a choice about where the ISP's username/password credentials are entered. These can either be entered on the HG633 or the 2920. It will only make a difference, if you intend to pursue your original goal of accessing the modem's GUI, via the 2920. (Even then, I think it only matters for Draytek's tagged-vlan solution).

• thegoody
  • Topic Author
More
29 Apr 2020 14:05 #10 by thegoody
I couldn't find where to put the Username/Pwd in on the 633 so it's in the 2920.

With the new setup and the 633 in bridge mode, I shouldn't need to access the GUI very often, as such I'm happy to go plug a laptop in on the odd occasion it's needed. Will do so to disable the other functions (firewall etc) later.

Thanks again for the help!