Vigor3910 - Firmware 3.9.2.1 Issues

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Apr 2020 07:57 #1 by qwaz01
Vigor3910 - Firmware 3.9.2.1 Issues was created by qwaz01
We are having major issues with the new 3.9.2.1 firmware since upgrading on Sunday.

Firstly yesterday the router randomly rebooted on Monday in the middle of the day. The router and internet came back online but all internal web traffic was blocked. I was able to VPN to the router and then ping all servers but when connected to the Servers via RDP they were unable to access any web pages even though could resolve DNS and ping out. Rebooting the router again resolved the issue.

The second incident was at 2am Tuesday after the scheduled daily router reboot. Again the router was online and I could connect via VPN but this time i was unable to ping or connect to any servers. Pinging the router over VPN also kept dropping in and out. Rebooting the router resolved the issue immediately.

Has anyone else experienced any issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• qwaz01
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Apr 2020 08:42 #2 by qwaz01
Replied by qwaz01 on topic Re: Vigor3910 - Firmware 3.9.2.1 Issues
Just to update...

Last night our router went offline at 2am after a scheduled daily reboot and had to be physically reset. This time both WAN connections were down completely.

This is now 3 times it has not rebooted properly since we upgraded the firmware on Sunday. For now we have downgraded back to 3.9.2 but interested to see if anyone else has any issues.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
23 Apr 2020 18:22 #3 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: Vigor3910 - Firmware 3.9.2.1 Issues
Dont have any issues with that version, although i am only in a home environment, so its hardly working hard.

More
27 Apr 2020 09:43 #4 by hdc
Replied by hdc on topic Re: Vigor3910 - Firmware 3.9.2.1 Issues
I am running 3.9.2/V6 for about 9 days. Default rule: Application filter set to PASS and all underneath set to none.
Nothing in defense setup is enabled.

Application filter : Block caused me problems and so did Strict IP binding (No problems using them with the 3900's we have)