DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2926 not fast enough for gigabit internet?

• thedanshepherd
  • Topic Author
More
05 May 2020 11:44 #1 by thedanshepherd
Vigor 2926 not fast enough for gigabit internet? was created by thedanshepherd
I've been using my 2926 for the last 18 months or so with BT FTTP which was 300/50. On the SmartHub I used to get 308 down but only 280ish roughly on the Vigor. I took the slight loss for the stability improvements.

This week i've taken the Full Fibre 900 upgrade, which is 940 down and 115 up. Unfortunately the Vigor 2926 still only manages 280/300 down with 117 up. The Smarthb gives me the full 900mbsp+ download.

So is the 2926 not suitable? I've turned off the firewall - according to the specs the Nat should be able to do 900mbps with hardware acceleration. Nothing at all is different in the network between the Smart Hub and the Vigor I just swap one in and one out. No options I can find can get the Vigor to do more than 300, i've even tried DMZ'ing a hardwired computer just in case, but nope.

Should it be able to reach these speeds or do I need to do another upgrade to perhaps something beefier?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
06 May 2020 00:18 #2 by hornbyp

TheDanShepherd wrote:
Should it be able to reach these speeds or do I need to do another upgrade to perhaps something beefier?

I think you might to need to ascertain your exact model and ask Draytek...

There are different numbers on the UK and International sites . It is entirely possible that they are not the same device.

The information is not presented in the same format either, which doesn't help.

Draytek UK: Firewall: Up to 400Mb/s

Draytek.COM: NAT Throughput 500 Mbps,
NAT Throughput w/ Hardware Acceleration 900 Mbps

Out of Idle curiosity, what's the largest value it will let you set in the "Q.O.S." line speed section? That might be enlightening. (It might even have a silly number in there :) )

• thedanshepherd
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2020 19:44 #3 by thedanshepherd
Replied by thedanshepherd on topic Re: Vigor 2926 not fast enough for gigabit internet?
I was basically told I had to buy their £800 product, that was it.

So I bought Unifi's £300 Ultimate Dream Machine Pro instead. Ah well.