Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

best wifi router for fttc

• routerip5
  • Topic Author
More
06 May 2020 18:37 #1 by routerip5
best wifi router for fttc was created by routerip5
hi all
could someone tell wait they think is the best wifi router to use with EE FIBER FTTC.

I NEED MORE security from ee to stop them updating and resetting router when they want

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2020 09:45 #2 by leewilding
Replied by leewilding on topic Re: best wifi router for fttc
Do yourself a favor and avoid Draytek. The wifi capabilities of the 2862 is shocking

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
11 May 2020 22:48 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: best wifi router for fttc

routerip5 wrote:
could someone tell wait they think is the best wifi router to use with EE FIBER FTTC.
I NEED MORE security from ee to stop them updating and resetting router when they want

The "Best" is probably determined by the functionality you require and the price you're prepared to pay...

On the existing device provided by EE, see if you can find a section that says "TR-069 Settings" or something similar. Disabling that functionality, should/might keep EE at bay!

• jadzy
  • User
  • User
More
06 Jun 2020 18:02 #4 by jadzy
Replied by jadzy on topic Re: best wifi router for fttc
As a 2862ac owner i can sadly agree with comments suggesting poor wifi behaviour. had high expectations when i got the router, seems to have generally done well, but started getting more and more wifi issues over time. it had a strong dislike to ipads for some reason. Now got two AP903 in mesh mode (wired), with the 2862 as root, but ironically the 2862's wifi is disabled as it caused no end of grief. the 903s seem to be the other extreme and work really well. still soak testing my new setup, but somewhat disappointed that my expensive posh router hasn't lived up to expectation. its still doing a good job of being a very configurable vdsl router though.