DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DSL light blinking Vigor 2762

More
28 May 2020 06:31 #1 by kar
DSL light blinking Vigor 2762 was created by kar
DSL on Vigor 2762ac is blinking: quickly and slowly - see https://youtu.be/vm2BfaprOSk . Quick Start Guide says:

On: DSL connection synchronised
Blinking slowly: DSL connection not currently synchronising or not detected
Blinking quickly: DSL connection is synchronising

Router seems to be working ok and no problems with speed or dropping connection. I'm only concerned because Quick Start Guide says DSL should be On.

I've phoned DrayTek support. They didn't know whether the light should be on or not and had to refer to their copy of the Quick Start Guide (so I'm not confident they know their stuff). They agreed that according to the Quick Start Guide the light should be on so they remoted in. They updated firmware, done all sorts of resets. They told me it must be a hardware fault and I need to return the router but there'll be a charge if there is no fault and during that time I'll have no internet which is a no no because I'm working from home and remoting into my work PC.

When I reboot the router the DSL light comes on constant after about 30 seconds and remains constant until the line connects after about 60 seconds and the DSL light immediately starts blinking. I wonder if the Quick Start Guide is wrong and the DSL light is supposed to blink with network traffic like the 2.4G, 5G and LAN lights do.

I switched off the 2.4G and 5G and disconnected all LANs so the only connection were power and DSL but the DSL still blinks.

Anyone else got a 2762 - does your DSL light blink during normal operation?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2020 19:37 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: DSL light blinking Vigor 2762
When synchronised the led is ( should be) static.

If you are connected correctly and able to use the internet then something is wrong with the router.

More
22 Jun 2020 09:46 #3 by a1eck
Replied by a1eck on topic Re: DSL light blinking Vigor 2762
I have a 2762ac, and my DSL light blinks during normal operation. I am using latest firmware (3.9.2BT)

More
22 Jun 2020 11:13 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: DSL light blinking Vigor 2762
I don't think that the dsl light should be blinking, but I've noticed that with the latest (3.9.3.1) firmware on my 2926ac Draytek appear to have got their knickers slightly twisted with regard to the LEDs - the front panel 2.4GHz LED is permanently on although I have disabled the 2.4 GHz wifi and the dashboard display does indeed show it as off. On the other hand I have a USB stick plugged in and the front panel LED for that is on, as it should be, but the dashboard shows it as off. So maybe it's a bug?

More
22 Jun 2020 16:24 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: DSL light blinking Vigor 2762
I think the behaviour has changed depending on your firmware. It used to indicate only disconnected/training or trained/connected (blinking vs. solid) but now it is solid for connected but flashes to indicate active data transfer (presumably with different cadence to the disconnected blinking).

Forum Administrator

Moderators: Sami