Random Wi-Fi / Rebooting issues - 2862ac

• rmistry22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jun 2020 11:42 #7 by rmistry22
Replied by rmistry22 on topic Re: Random Wi-Fi / Rebooting issues - 2862ac
Finally got an email back, stated they would not charge me for the 'replacement'. So carried out the process yesterday under vigorcare.

The replacement arrived today, in a DPD bag. The router simply covered in 2 layers of bubble-wrap.

It's is scratched, dented, the label underneath is bubbling!!! I have no idea of the history of this unit, not even sure how reliable it will be!

Extremely disappointed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rmistry22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
18 Jun 2020 15:02 #8 by rmistry22
Plugged the 'replacement' router in last night, it didn't work, no DHCP, no webpage loading, nothing. After 1 hour of messing about with it (hardware reset, multiple browsers, finally got in to see images of cloud's or connection reset by peer, it then refused to upload my config files, only doing a partial setup.), I had to manually re-configure the rest finally got it up and running with firmware 3.9.2 as installed by Draytek.

The 'replacement' router has been in place for about 22 hours now, no issues yet. I have to say, my config is not complex but I do have a lot of devices connected.

Still not happy to leave the damaged, marked, smelly router in place that they sent me as a 'replacement' :x

More
18 Jun 2020 19:25 #9 by decompiled
Replied by decompiled on topic Re: Random Wi-Fi / Rebooting issues - 2862ac
I too am having this issue, but just with the 5Ghz.

• rmistry22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jun 2020 10:10 #10 by rmistry22
Hi,

Thanks for your reply at least someone is reading the forums, beginning to wonder if it's worth my posting here!

The 'replacement' router had it's own fault, I believe it was a router sent back by someone else for this fault, constant vdsl disconnects and reduction in line speed on each reconnect, I was losing approx 1Mb/s per disconnect, which on an already poor line makes a big difference. I sent this very poor quality 'replacement' back to draytek as unacceptable at my cost!

In the meantime, I have gained remote access to a newish router via a friend, I upgraded that to 3.9.4_BT using the .all file. No issues during the upgrade. Router rebooted and was back up quickly, no clouds visible on the webpage at all, it's zips from page to page in the configuration without issue and the VDSL reconnected in 2 mins, back at the same levels, showing same line stats.

So, same firmware different router, no clouds, rapid loading of the config pages using remote access via my poor VDSL connection, my router same firmware loads of clouds during configuration slow to move around pages on my 1Gb internal network.

Firmware issue or Hardware?

More
22 Jun 2020 11:05 #11 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Random Wi-Fi / Rebooting issues - 2862ac
Please set my mind at rest - what and where are these "images of clouds" that you see?

• rmistry22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2020 07:01 #12 by rmistry22
Clouds are shown when it fails to load the config webpages.

I now have a new replacement router, but it is still randomly rebooting, connection speeds are lower than before but no longer dropping.

Different errors to my original router.