DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor DV2860 - WAN2 no longer working, connected to 4G modem.

More
15 Jun 2020 04:39 #1 by bener
Hi there. I've had a 4g modem working onsite for some time connected as WAN2, and it has worked as a failover. I've replaced the 2860 after hardware failure, and uploaded the backup config, but I can't get WAN 2 to work.

It shows there is something plugged into the port, and I've gone through all the settings carefully but I must be missing something... The 4g modem works when I connect my laptop.

Imgur gallery of settings: https://imgur.com/a/5Rp2UYz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• e.ringrose
  • User
  • User
More
15 Jun 2020 23:18 #2 by e.ringrose
WAN2 shows a being configured as failover, so if WAN1 is online it won't be doing anything.

If you configure it as load balancing so its online does this make any difference?

More
16 Jun 2020 00:54 #3 by bener
I did think it would be displaying as connected on the status page anyway but your point makes sense, I'll test that today. Thanks for the input!

More
16 Jun 2020 02:31 #4 by bener

e.ringrose wrote:
WAN2 shows a being configured as failover, so if WAN1 is online it won't be doing anything.

If you configure it as load balancing so its online does this make any difference?

You were right, WAN2 is completely disabled until WAN1 fails. If you set WAN2 to 'always on' you can test connectivity, then set it back to failover.

I thought the router would maintain a connection to WAN2 in case of failure but it does not connect until WAN1 fails.

Thanks a lot for the input.

More
19 Jun 2020 19:46 #5 by boris80
Guys I'm doing load balancing with 4g mobile Internet. How did you set it up on wan 2. Is it PPPoe?