DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Static route on Vigor 2762

• ipfoot
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jun 2020 16:09 #1 by ipfoot
Static route on Vigor 2762 was created by ipfoot
I really shouldn't have to ask this, as the answer should be obvious, but how do I set up a static route on the 2762? I just can't figure out how to do it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jun 2020 16:56 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Static route on Vigor 2762
I can't spot it either (@ http://eu.draytek.com:22762/ ).

There's normally an entry on the left-hand side, called "Routing" ... which is missing.

At this point, I would normally accuse Draytek of having 'dumbed it down', but the Diagnostics >> View Routing Table function is still there.

If you telnet to the Router, can you use the command interface ?
Code:
> ip route ? % Valid subcommands are: add del status cnc tel default clean >

• ipfoot
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jun 2020 09:23 #3 by ipfoot
Replied by ipfoot on topic Re: Static route on Vigor 2762
Thanks,

It seems from the Draytek live demos that every other router I tried has Static Route in the their web interface, just not the 2762. Page 173 of the manual describes setting up static routes from the web interface, but it looks as if that's been removed. No idea why they'd do something like that, and it's quite annoying. I've raised a support ticket for it.

I'm starting to get annoyed with a few things about this router. The ipv6 implementation isn't fully compatible with my ISP (probably because it generates a new DUID on every restart), you can't use ssh-keys to log in, it's slower than my old router, and now this. It's only a month old and I'm considering putting it on ebay already.

• ipfoot
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jun 2020 17:02 #4 by ipfoot
Replied by ipfoot on topic Re: Static route on Vigor 2762
I received a reply from Draytek to say that it's "only find this on our buisness class router models."
This is weird because the live demo of every other model seems to support static routes, just not the 2762. The version of the manual that I'd originally downloaded has a section on static routes, but not the latest version that I downloaded just now. So it looks as if they have removed it, and only from this particularly model.
The 2762 has lots of other features that I would consider more suitable for business, rather than home, users. So why remove this one?

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jun 2020 17:26 #5 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: Static route on Vigor 2762
Did you have a look to see if you can set them up via Telnet?