DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek 130 still a nightmare on TalkTalk

• timguyuk
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jun 2020 12:03 #1 by timguyuk
Posted a while back but still having issues with the Draytek 130s on TalkTalk fttc connections. Out of the 5-6 Ive got installed I don't think 1 of them keeps the line up for any reasonable period of time.

Im using 3.8.4.1.BT and have the recommend settings for Drayteks and TalkTalk set
(https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-isp-talktalk)

Ive tried turning off vectoring which is a suggestion but I still cant keep the lines up.

If I replace the 130 with an old trad white openreach modem the connections are solid.

Also I think the draytek 130 is under performing other dsl modems on the same connections by 5-10Mb at least.

Anyone got any updates on it, I can see with a google that people are still having issues out there.

Tim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2020 12:57 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Draytek 130 still a nightmare on TalkTalk
No experience but looking at other forums a lowering of the MTU to 1476 has been suggested. Just out of interest, have you tried setting one with a PPPoE/PPPoA connection?

• timguyuk
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jun 2020 14:50 #3 by timguyuk
Replied by timguyuk on topic Re: Draytek 130 still a nightmare on TalkTalk
Thanks for your reply.

I did try the PPPoE originally when we had the problems but ive been persistent with MPoA when I found the Draytek TalkTalk.

Ill try 1476 first and then revert back to PPPoE with 1476 after that.

Thanks for your suggestion

Tim

More
24 Jun 2020 15:56 #4 by admin3
Have you tried out the Alternative 579F17 Modem Code firmware for the Vigor 130?

It's a later modem code, which might resolve compatibility problems with some cabinets / line cards.

Setting the V130 to bridge mode (MPoA) should avoid MTU and pass-through problems as that makes it fully bridge the link.

Forum Administrator

• timguyuk
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jul 2020 10:50 #5 by timguyuk
Replied by timguyuk on topic Re: Draytek 130 still a nightmare on TalkTalk

admin3 wrote:
Have you tried out the Alternative 579F17 Modem Code firmware for the Vigor 130?

It's a later modem code, which might resolve compatibility problems with some cabinets / line cards.

Setting the V130 to bridge mode (MPoA) should avoid MTU and pass-through problems as that makes it fully bridge the link.

I havent had any success with the alternative firmware. I cant even get it to sync.

Yes running MPoA.

Just got off the phone with supplier. I was showing a fault on the line I was testing and removing the draytek has removed the fault. This is the second complete 130 swap Ive done so I know they are ok in the sense of hardware. There is defo something wrong with the draytek 130s with TalkTalk lines.

I tried to call SEG support yesterday but I had a tuff time reporting the problem and TBH didn't get any come back. Im going to try again today with an email.

Tim