DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

SNMP Vigor

More
23 Jun 2020 15:20 #1 by 4vr4
SNMP Vigor was created by 4vr4
Hi, I'm using Draytek Vigor 2862 (FW 3.9.2_BT) and Vigor 130 model for Dual WAN setup. Using PRTG to read SNMP info on WAN1.

UP Speed (ADSL sync) on OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.94.1.1.5.1.2.4
DOWN Speed (ADSL sync) on OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.94.1.1.4.1.2.4
SNR Downstream on OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.10.94.1.1.3.1.4.4

As for WAN2 - statistics for Remote VDSL2 Information From WAN 2 are displaying on the Draytek 2862 router Online Status -> Physical Connection page but i can not find this data via SNMP.

Any ideas if and how can this be achieved? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2020 15:59 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: SNMP Vigor
I'm not sure that the information displayed in the Web UI for WAN2 with a DrayTek DSL modem attached is actually passed to SNMP.

The SNMP interface treats it as a fixed Ethernet WAN, so if you definitely can't locate those values in an SNMP walk (try iReasoning's SNMP Browser for that), then it's likely they're not there. In which case, I recommend contacting support to ask for that to be added if they're not included :)

Forum Administrator

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
25 Jun 2020 01:29 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: SNMP Vigor

admin3 wrote:
The SNMP interface treats it as a fixed Ethernet WAN, so if you definitely can't locate those values in an SNMP walk (try iReasoning's SNMP Browser for that), then it's likely they're not there. In which case, I recommend contacting support to ask for that to be added if they're not included :)

4vr4 wrote: Any ideas if and how can this be achieved? Thank you.

It's possible that the Vigor130 makes them directly available via SNMP - but even if it does, you would have overcome the hurdle of accessing its interface...

The alternative is to write your own PRTG Custom Sensor...

You could grab it from the 2862's Web Interface, using Curl , or maybe even from the Telnet interface, using this Telnet Scripting Tool (which I've done in the past, with a Zyxel VMG1312). (I'm not sure where (if anywhere) it would appear in the 2862's Telnet interface - given the clash with the "adsl" and "vdsl" commands...but "Show qryrdsl status" would be my best guess.

(I love PRTG, I've written loads of these :) )

More
25 Jun 2020 15:43 #4 by 4vr4
Replied by 4vr4 on topic Re: SNMP Vigor

admin3 wrote:
I'm not sure that the information displayed in the Web UI for WAN2 with a DrayTek DSL modem attached is actually passed to SNMP.

Thanks, i'm using iReasoning SNMP browser with no luck, had a case open with support but no luck with an answer either.

More
25 Jun 2020 15:45 #5 by 4vr4
Replied by 4vr4 on topic Re: SNMP Vigor

hornbyp wrote:

admin3 wrote:

4vr4 wrote: Any ideas if and how can this be achieved? Thank you.

It's possible that the Vigor130 makes them directly available via SNMP - but even if it does, you would have overcome the hurdle of accessing its interface...

The alternative is to write your own PRTG Custom Sensor...

You could grab it from the 2862's Web Interface, using Curl , or maybe even from the Telnet interface, using this Telnet Scripting Tool (which I've done in the past, with a Zyxel VMG1312). (I'm not sure where (if anywhere) it would appear in the 2862's Telnet interface - given the clash with the "adsl" and "vdsl" commands...but "Show qryrdsl status" would be my best guess.

(I love PRTG, I've written loads of these :) )

Thanks for the idea regards custom PRTG sensor, shall give it a go...