Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

USB SysLog Not Working - Vigor 2862

• matth73
  • Topic Author
More
25 Jun 2020 09:07 #1 by matth73
USB SysLog Not Working - Vigor 2862 was created by matth73
Hi,

My SysLog was being written to the USB stick but isn't doing so anymore. I have checked a bunch of things, including:

• USB Application --> File Explorer - I can see it is connected and shows the folders "System Volume Information", "LteSmsOutboxCache" and "Config"

• USB Application --> USB Device Status - Connection status shows connected, Write protect status is No

• I can browse the USB remotely from my Windows 10 machine

• System Maintenance --> SysLog/Mail Alert - SysLog Access Setup is Enable and USB Disk ticked

• I have the latest firmware and have tried rebooting

• Diagnostics --> Syslog Explorer - Web Syslog is enabled and showing lots of entries

• Diagnostics --> Syslog Explorer - USB Syslog completely empty, File n/a, Page n/a, Log Type n/a

I have tried taking it out and reformatting (FAT32).

I did notice on SysLog/Mail Alert page at the very bottom it says "Warning! Errors occurred when saving SysLog to USB disk,please check disk status and try again." which I guess is telling me something but not sure what to do about it|?

Given this is a fairly new device and I am just getting familiar I am sure this is a user error thing, so likely to be missing something obvious.

Thanks,

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• iceman
  • User
  • User
More
17 Jul 2020 12:28 #2 by iceman
Replied by iceman on topic Re: USB SysLog Not Working - Vigor 2862
Hi,

I noticed the other day that my 2862 had stopped writing to SysLog folder - disabling/enabling from the GUI didn't seem to help, nor did disconnecting the USB memory stick and reformatting (FAT32) on a PC.

I remember it took me a number of attempts to get it working in the first place - then I remembered that I got it working after a reboot.

I just did that on mine and logs have started to be written again - make sure that before the reboot the USB memory stick is plugged in and syslog to file enabled.

It's not an ideal resolution (switching it off and on again :o), but I seem to recall searching the forum that a lot of people reporting for many different models that the coding for the USB memory stick/Syslog interlock doesn't seem to be particularly robust. I'd liked to have simply been able to disable and reenable after reformatting the USB memory stick and plugging it back in again.

Cheers!
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.