Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DrayDDNS not working but configured, licenced and setup

• puregeordie1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2020 11:48 #1 by puregeordie1
Hello people, I've configured and setup my draytek Vigor 2862Lac free licence on the draytek website according to there instructions using port LTE only and all is registered/activated and licenced all OK, also setup on the router. I am currently trying to get the this Drayddns service to connect into the domain I've created and it will not connect in. It looks very simple to setup as its all seamless and automatic which is great. I am using a 3mobile SIM on port LTE and the internet again works perfectly as it should. I cannot see any real issues with any of the configuration as it has activated everything on MyVigor and it looks good.

If it does work as it should all you type in on a browser would be something like, http://thedomain.drayddns.com which is the domain name you've entered

Im wondering if DrayDDNS has a problem or if draytek has switched it off?

Or it just doesn't work with a 3 mobile unlimited SIM as this is what I'm using as it is a remote site using one of these SIMS from 3 mobile.

I would add pictures but for some reason also this forum doesn't let me add a picture, i click insert image at the top and just adds the words image!! also it doesn't let me paste an image either, bloody hopeless!

I appreciate any help please, There isn't very much else I can play with or configure as Draytek say using the instructions so I'm guessing it maybe 3 mobile making it not work, also I've not messed about with any ports etc as it doesn't say I should on the instructions/info provided.

many thank yous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2020 12:41 #2 by piste basher
Drayddns is still working for me.

Your problem I suspect lies in using the mobile SIM - have a look here for example https://www.4gsupport.co.uk/ddns-over-4g/

• puregeordie1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2020 13:52 #3 by puregeordie1
Yes, I believe its NAT translation; APN may resolve this only on 3g not 4g. thanks.

• puregeordie1
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2020 15:34 #4 by puregeordie1
Hi, Yes got it working now. Actually on drayddns.com and ddns.net thanks