Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2920n WAN2 not going at 1Gb

• dreadnought
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2020 12:56 #1 by dreadnought
Vigor 2920n WAN2 not going at 1Gb was created by dreadnought
Hello Experts

I had to reimplement my vigor 2920n to be used with Vodafone FTTH, it's impressive how this early 2000 router still have capabilities for VLAN tag insertion on PPPoE able to work with modern infrastructures.

Problem is that the WAN2 port should be rated at 1Gbit, but i can't go over 80-90Mbit.
How i can set WAN2 interface forcing it to 1Gbit?

ONT is Huawei and with the Vodafone Station is going ad 1Gbit, while with vigor my Speedtests aren't going over 80Mbit.
Any command to verify WAN2 speed settings?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2020 15:46 #2 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: Vigor 2920n WAN2 not going at 1Gb
Wont have anything to do with the port, it'll be the limitation of the router NAT throughput.

• dreadnought
  • Topic Author
More
30 Jun 2020 18:27 #3 by dreadnought
Replied by dreadnought on topic Re: Vigor 2920n WAN2 not going at 1Gb
make sense...

Was just praising how this model was compatible with modern FTTH but I'm asking too much :D
Best € spent anyway.

Found a command that states port is operating at 1Gbit:

Code:
> port status % port 1 : link UP , speed= 1000 Mbps, duplex= FULL, FlowControl= ON % port 2 : link UP , speed= 1000 Mbps, duplex= FULL, FlowControl= ON % port 3 : link UP , speed= 1000 Mbps, duplex= FULL, FlowControl= ON % port 4 : link UP , speed= 1000 Mbps, duplex= FULL, FlowControl= ON % WAN1 : link DOWN, speed= ---- Mbps, duplex= ----, FlowControl= -- % WAN2 : link UP , speed= 1000 Mbps, duplex= FULL, FlowControl= OFF

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
30 Jun 2020 21:36 #4 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: Vigor 2920n WAN2 not going at 1Gb
If thats Vodafone gigafast service (cityfibre) you really are going to have to buy a new router, unless you stick with ISP supplied.
There arent many Drayteks that will do the full fat 900Mbps throughput and the ones that do are even more expensive than their prosumer offerings.

More
24 Jul 2020 11:14 #5 by russ_turner
Replied by russ_turner on topic Re: Vigor 2920n WAN2 not going at 1Gb
Hi All,

This is something currently starting to worry me...

Just ordered Zen's 900Mbps FTTP service and I currently have their 300Mbps FTTP service that seems to be handled fine by my DrakTek 2862ac router with Hardware Acceleration enabled.

When looking around the various DrayTek websites it stipulates that the NAT throughput the router can handle is 900Mbps and the Firewall (when in stateful mode) is 400Mbps. So this to me says that the router could handle the throughput if needed, as long as you disable the default Firewall Rules for Call & Data?

More
24 Jul 2020 16:37 #6 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Vigor 2920n WAN2 not going at 1Gb

Russ_Turner wrote:
Hi All,

This is something currently starting to worry me...

Just ordered Zen's 900Mbps FTTP service and I currently have their 300Mbps FTTP service that seems to be handled fine by my DrakTek 2862ac router with Hardware Acceleration enabled.

When looking around the various DrayTek websites it stipulates that the NAT throughput the router can handle is 900Mbps and the Firewall (when in stateful mode) is 400Mbps. So this to me says that the router could handle the throughput if needed, as long as you disable the default Firewall Rules for Call & Data?

Not quite - the Firewall throughput is the NAT throughput and disabling the firewall won't make a significant difference. The NAT throughput can increase if the router's Hardware Acceleration is enabled, which on the Vigor 2862 series I think does mean that Hardware Accelerated sessions going through the router don't get counted for the traffic graphing. To get the full performance from hardware acceleration, you may also need to disable the WAN1 interface in [WAN] > [General Setup]

Forum Administrator