2762 IP Routed Subnet

• d.moran@dtxtel.co.uk
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Jul 2020 12:25 #1 by d.moran@dtxtel.co.uk
2762 IP Routed Subnet was created by d.moran@dtxtel.co.uk
Hi I'm trying to set up an IP routed subnet on a 2762n but the option in LAN settings is not there yet it is in the manual and on the emulator. Can anybody help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2020 12:09 #2 by af7567
Replied by af7567 on topic Re: 2762 IP Routed Subnet
Hi
Did you find a solution?
I have the same problem. I have set up a few DrayTek routers for small businesses over the years and they have been great to work with being able to do almost anything, so I finally decided to get myself one for home. I saw in the user guide that LAN2 can be used "for routing usage" but on my 2762Vac I don't get that option.
I have a /29 ipv4 subnet from my ISP and set the router IP on LAN2 and correct netmask. My PCs on the LAN can access the router fine from their IPs within that subnet but whenever I connect to the internet with them it is showing the routers IP address - so it is still using NAT. I also can't get any incoming connections to my other public IP addresses.

More
05 Sep 2020 20:56 #3 by af7567
Replied by af7567 on topic Re: 2762 IP Routed Subnet
OK, I kind of found the problem. I don't know if it is intentional or a bug but the "IP Routed Subnet" settings option seems to have been removed from firmware 3.9.2. I installed firmware 3.8.9.2 and then from the Dashboard I had IP Routed Subnet showing in the IPv4 LAN Information section and I could click on it to configure my subnet.
Now my PCs with public IP addresses assigned aren't going through NAT and they are accepting incoming connections as expected. I upgraded the firmware again to 3.9.2 and the IP Routed Subnet options have disappeared, but it didn't lose my configuration so it is still working.

Not sure I trust it, but I also don't want to have to stay on a firmware from 2018 when there are updates available.

It looks like the IP Routed Subnet option disappeared in 3.9.0 firmware, but there is no mention of it in the release notes so I am assuming it is a UI bug. IP Routed Subnet is still mentioned on 3.9.x firmwares when going to LAN > General Setup > DHCP Server Option

More
07 Sep 2020 09:59 #4 by turbozilla
Replied by turbozilla on topic Re: 2762 IP Routed Subnet
I'm not sure. It might be something else that got removed from this model to make it more low range. See http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23726

More
10 Sep 2020 15:44 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2762 IP Routed Subnet
Yes, routed subnet is not supported on the V2762.

Forum Administrator