Draytek 2862 3.9.4 firmware bug

• chris pardoe
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
19 Jul 2020 00:27 #1 by chris pardoe
Draytek 2862 3.9.4 firmware bug was created by chris pardoe
hello forum, my first time posting on here...

I've got a draytek 2862n router which was working great on 3.9.3 BT firmware but last night I upgraded it to 3.9.4 BT, what a mistake...DCHP relay now no longer works... :(

I've got 3 vlans on the router and they all point back to a single windows server dhcp server.. clients in the same subnet as the server can get an ip address without issue, but the other two subnets had DCHP relay configured in order to get an ip address from the server.... since upgrading to 3.9.4 these two subnets have stopped getting ip address....

Please help, I'm sure how to resolve this.... can I downgrade the firmware back to 3.9.3,, will this brick the router if I try...

Help..

Thanks

Chrisp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2020 15:13 #2 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: Draytek 2862 3.9.4 firmware bug
That's unfortunate - it's possible that adding support for a secondary DHCP Relay server for LAN1 has affected the DHCP relay functionality for LAN2-6. Please report this to the support team if you haven't already done so.

Take a configuration backup before downgrading firmware as a precaution, but moving from 3.9.4 to 3.9.3 should be safe as far as I'm aware.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.