• service_bb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Aug 2020 10:43 #1 by service_bb
Vigor 3910 - HA issues / USB Availability was created by service_bb
Hi All,
I've setup HA on the 2960 / 3900 series in the past without issue but I'm having problems with the 3910.

I've replaced 2x 2960's that were working perfectly in HA with 2x 3910's and I'm now having issues (at 2 different locations)

It seems to work okay if you have a single LAN subnet - but as soon as I add VLANs and more than one Virtual IP into the mix, I start getting the following errors in the syslog
Code:
"[HA] Advertisement come from LAN3. Not equal to management interface LAN1"

IPv6 is disabled on both.
Management Interface is set to LAN1 on each Router.
I'm using Hot-Standby.

Again, this was working with the 2960's - the biggest different being that those use Linux rather than DrayOS (I was surprised to find that the 3910 used DrayOS!)

Has anyone come across this or aware of bug fixes / firmware updates to resolve?
Also, is anyone aware of when the 3910 will support USB device (whether for storage or more specifically in my case, for the thermometers?)

Any help appreciated!
PK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2020 18:33 #2 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 3910 - HA issues / USB Availability
I think you need to join the thread "warning 3910 firmware issues".

The 3910 is very buggy and not yet ready for the outside world. So basically you're beta testing for Draytek right now.

If possible I'd put the 2960 back in and keep the 3910's back until a few more firmware versions have been released. If it was like the 2960 it took a year before my became stable enough to use other from an expensive door stop.

There is anew firmware on the dryatek international site which may fix your issues. I suggest you raise a ticket with draytek and join the fellow struggling 3910 users.

• service_bb
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
08 Sep 2020 21:02 #3 by service_bb
Replied by service_bb on topic Re: Vigor 3910 - HA issues / USB Availability
Thanks The PIT.

I've tried the 3.9.2.3 firmware on the global site and that hasn't helped, still getting the same error.

Tried dedicating a tagged VLAN for HA management and that hasn't helped either.

I'm considering using another port on each router with untagged VLAN to see if that helps but would really like to avoid another trip to site.

Raised a ticket with Draytek/SEG today so hoping to hear something.