2862ac Flakey IPv6

• cocospm
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Sep 2020 15:32 #1 by cocospm
2862ac Flakey IPv6 was created by cocospm
I have a 2862ac running on an 80/20 FTTC connection with a static IPv4 address and static a /48 IPv6 allocation.

However, like my 2860n before this, the 2862ac reports the FTTC connection apparently drops frequently (usually between once and three times daily). The 2862ac reports this to me via an email triggered by a Notification Object I have set up for WAN (dis)connections, and a look at the physical connection status subsequently via the admin GUI shows the connection times consistent with the drop-outs. My family get really irritated with the frequency.

Now, I say apparently, because by broadband ISP (Zen) tell me their line stats don't show any such line drops. My previous ISP (idNet) claimed the same.

By experiment, the cause seems to be the 2862ac's IPv6 support, because if I disable IPv6 in WAN > Internet Access > IPv6 the connection becomes rock solid. I have also tested the IPv4 + IPv6 connection using my ISP's router (a Fritz!Box 7530), and the connection is then also rock solid.

I can reduce the frequency of disconnects by changing the WAN Connection Detection mode to "PING Detect" rather than "Always On", but they still occur.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.