• mike.smith
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Oct 2020 14:23 #1 by mike.smith
Vigor130 and vigor2862 was created by mike.smith
Hi all,
I recently purchased a vigor130 to supplement my 2862, i reconfigure the router a fair bit and each reboot is being treated as a line failure by BT and my line speed gets slower and slower.
So I have them both connected now and getting data thru the router ok so they are clearly connected. I had been able to log into both machines as I was reconfiguring but now I can no long log into the 130, their appears to be nothing on the 2.1 subnet any longer, I also don’t see anything new on the 1.1 subnet. Anyone know where it went?

Thanks, Mike.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Oct 2020 17:04 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2862
You might find this useful

https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5212

Note that the Customer and Service boxes on a UK 130 are the other way round to those shown in the schematic in that guide :roll:

just make sure you enable the tag in the Customer box vdsl section, although you do not put the tag in there...

Works fine for me - I access my 130 , albeit there is hardly ever a need to do so, on 192.168.130.1 :D

• mike.smith
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Oct 2020 17:10 #3 by mike.smith
Replied by mike.smith on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2862
Ahh at least it’s nothing I have done wrongly, thanks for that link, I thought I was going mad.

• mike.smith
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Nov 2020 11:45 #4 by mike.smith
Replied by mike.smith on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2862
After some 4 weeks of having a separate 2862 and 130 I can say that I now have my fast path and 67k connection back after a few years on a crappy interleave and 50k down.
Clearly the 2862 was not man enough to keep the connection properly error free. Anyone relying on the VDSL2 in the 2862 and isn’t getting the connection they think they should then get a 130, it’s worth the money.

More
27 Dec 2020 02:34 #5 by madexmatt
Replied by madexmatt on topic Re: Vigor130 and vigor2862
See my previous posts, buying a additional modem is NOT a fix for a poor product.