2860 sky setup and xbox

• nirvanaav
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
26 Oct 2020 11:50 #1 by nirvanaav
2860 sky setup and xbox was created by nirvanaav
I've recently swapped a customers sky router for a 2860, internet is working ok but the xbox only works with certain games!
I have port forwarded all ports on xbox website and others, i have a total of 10 Ports open and i have even tried DMX temporarily but certain games still dont work.
These game were working before a swapped router, any ideas?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
26 Oct 2020 16:11 #2 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2860 sky setup and xbox

Nirvanaav wrote:
I've recently swapped a customers sky router for a 2860, internet is working ok but the xbox only works with certain games!

Sounds like either a NAT, or MTU issue ?

I'm not a games player and have never had to worry about NAT - but I notice that the 2860 has a variety of NAT options that can be changed via the 'telnet' interface. See "SRV NAT ?"

MTU setting can be found in the GUI @ "WAN >> Internet Access ... 'details page'". This is normally the issue, when you get silliness like EBAY.COM works, but EBAY.CO.UK doesn't - I don't know if it's something that affects online games.

(Actually, I was a games player - my daughter and I used to take on the world @ Mario Kart :) )

• nirvanaav
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
14 Nov 2020 09:51 #3 by nirvanaav
Replied by nirvanaav on topic Re: 2860 sky setup and xbox
I've put the Sky Router back in and all is working ok, when I next go back to the site I will check settings.
Thanks