DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 bridge mode

• padawg
  • Topic Author
More
04 Nov 2020 08:32 #1 by padawg
Vigor 130 bridge mode was created by padawg
I have put my vigor 130 uk modem into bridge mode. I forget to add an IP address to access the modem is there anyway to access it without resetting the router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
04 Nov 2020 14:35 #2 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 bridge mode
https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5212 How to access modem in bridge mode.

I would think you'll have to reconfigure the Vigor130

More
09 Nov 2020 11:07 #3 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Vigor 130 bridge mode

PaDawg wrote:
I have put my vigor 130 uk modem into bridge mode. I forget to add an IP address to access the modem is there anyway to access it without resetting the router.

The UK Vigor 130 is 'always' in brdige mode... (unless you got an import!) you mean the connection is now active? You could connect your PC directly to the V130 and fix the PC's ip address (no DHCP) and talk to it that way.

Forum Administrator

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
09 Nov 2020 12:37 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: Vigor 130 bridge mode

admin wrote:

PaDawg wrote:

The UK Vigor 130 is 'always' in brdige mode... (unless you got an import!) you mean the connection is now active? You could connect your PC directly to the V130 and fix the PC's ip address (no DHCP) and talk to it that way.

Umm , really?

Configure the Vigor 130 modem for Bridge Mode:

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-vigor-130-bridge

The Vigor 130 is a pre-configured VDSL2 / ADSL2+ modem that takes a VDSL2 or ADSL2+ connection and performs PPPoE pass-through to the LAN / Ethernet port, which can then be used by a device such as a router to connect directly to the internet.

If required, the Vigor 130 can be easily reconfigured into Bridge Mode so that it behaves in a similar way to the Openreach FTTC (Fiber To The Cabinet) modem.

More
12 Nov 2020 18:45 #5 by the pit
Replied by the pit on topic Re: Vigor 130 bridge mode
Yup you can connect a pc directly to it. That's the way I upgrade the firmware.