DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DrayTek Vigor 130 - SKY UK - OPNSense VM using proxmox

• leprejohn
  • Topic Author
More
05 Nov 2020 23:54 #1 by leprejohn
Hello Draytek forum, how are you all doing? I just thought to ask on here for some help. I'm completely lost on this and have no idea on how to fix it.

I'm trying to get my OPNSense VM to work in passthrough mode with my draytek but I'm having an issue I can't figure out.

I've tried the setup using bare metal, with the following setup Draytek > port 1 on opnsense box as WAN, port 2 on NIC = LAN. Using the following guide https://docs.opnsense.org/manual/how-tos/SkyUK.html works great the opnsense box gets an external IP on the WAN.

Now the issues is when I move onto my virtual OPNSense with the following setup.

Modem > Switch port 8 (configured as access port on VLAN 10). Switch on port 7 (configured as a trunk port, default VLAN 1 and VLAN 10 allowed) connects to NIC on proxmox server. I've then setup two virtual NICs, one is tagged as VLAN 10 for the WAN and the other NIC is untagged. This is where I'm having the issues, using the same DHCP 61 creds I can not get an external IP (the config file for OPNSense is the same) the settings on the draytek has not been changed also.

Now when I use the same setup, with my sky hub, (vlan setup, NIC setup etc) it works fine.

So I'm hoping someone here might be able to help me.

Thanks, LepreJohn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• leprejohn
  • Topic Author
More
06 Nov 2020 20:30 #2 by leprejohn
I just managed to get it to work with ESXI instead of proxmox, so my issue is not with the draytek my vlans etc.

Atleast now I know where to go and look for the issues.

Thanks, LepreJohn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.