3910 VLAN Setup

• tonycelt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Nov 2020 15:09 #1 by tonycelt
3910 VLAN Setup was created by tonycelt
Hi new on the forum after racking my head against a brick wall wondered if anybody had any insights for me to try ascertain where i am going wrong.

Currently i am trying to upgrade our network with 3910 router with p2540x and p1280 switches. Firstly i can get the router to manage to be able to managed p1280 through swith management in router but not the p2540x all running latest firmware.

Configuration as follows:

router running:

lan1 no tag, lan2 8, lan3 9, lan4 10, lan5 11, lan6 12, lan7 13, lan8 14 and lan9 15.
vlan enabled on port 1 all ticked

connected to p2540x over sfp+ on port 1
pvid setup 1 default, vid8, vid9, vid10, vid11, vid12, vid13, vid14, vid15

I have tried just changing 1 port as per the drayetk setup in structions:

GE7
interface: hybird (also tried trunk)
PVID 9
accepted type: all
Ingress filtering: enable
Tagged Vlan (noting selected)
Untagged vlan: 9
Forbidden Vlan (nothing selected)

The connection is just a test windows 10 PC on the network port 7 but not tagged. As soon as i enalbe the change the device gets dropped from the network until i revert the change back to PVID1. What am i missing here? as far as i can see the vlans on both router and switch both align, port 1 set to be enebled for the trunk between the two and the associated vlans and the port is set to tag unatgeed data to tag 9.

Any suggestions or pointers appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• tonycelt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
15 Nov 2020 15:10 #2 by tonycelt
Replied by tonycelt on topic Re: 3910 VLAN Setup
just as a note followed instructions from https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/4912 and from https://www.draytek.co.uk/information/our-technology/vlans

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.