DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

NORDVPN and Draytek 2927 support

• davemg
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2020 10:44 #1 by davemg
NORDVPN and Draytek 2927 support was created by davemg
Does anyone know if the 2927 supports NordVPN?

Why we no longer support DrayTek and EdgeRouter

The authentication requires you to use our service credentials, which are 24 characters long. DrayTek's and EdgeRouter's firmware has a limit of 15 characters. As a cybersecurity product, we cannot risk shortening the length of the character limit for the service credentials.

For that reason, we do not support these routers anymore.

e.g. does the 2927 still have a limit of 15 characters?

https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Router/1531778932/Why-we-no-longer-support-DrayTek-and-EdgeRouter.htm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• davemg
  • Topic Author
More
18 Nov 2020 20:39 #2 by davemg
Replied by davemg on topic Re: NORDVPN and Draytek 2927 support
@Drayteksupport - do you read your own forums?

I have purchased Draytek routers for well over a decade and now that FTTH is a distinct reality for me I am in need of a router that can handle that throughput, my 2820 and 2860 are beyond that capability. I was excited to see that the 2927 can handle the throughput that FTTH provides but I am reluctant to purchase if it does not support NordVPN (as mentioned in my first post).

I really don't want to put my money into another manufacturers product as I truly love Draytek products, but without knowing the above I will have no option but to buy a product that I know supports Nordvpn

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
18 Nov 2020 21:21 #3 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: NORDVPN and Draytek 2927 support
I assume this is a recent change by Nord as up until probably 2 months ago my 3910 worked with a Nord connection.
Its that I just stopped using it back then as it was too slow and Ive just tried re-activating it now and it fails.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
19 Nov 2020 06:44 #4 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: NORDVPN and Draytek 2927 support

DaveMG wrote:
@Drayteksupport - do you read your own forums?

Patience grasshopper. This is a user/peer forum , DrayTek do not read/provide official support here. The forum admins often chime in but if you want direct support you must use the ticket system.

• davemg
  • Topic Author
More
19 Nov 2020 14:50 #5 by davemg
Replied by davemg on topic Re: NORDVPN and Draytek 2927 support

rolandrat wrote:
I assume this is a recent change by Nord as up until probably 2 months ago my 3910 worked with a Nord connection.
Its that I just stopped using it back then as it was too slow and Ive just tried re-activating it now and it fails.

I noticed it a few weeks back

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
20 Nov 2020 20:02 #6 by adrianh54
Replied by adrianh54 on topic Re: NORDVPN and Draytek 2927 support

DaveMG wrote:

rolandrat wrote:

I noticed it a few weeks back

Looking in the VPN section of this forum I see others have been asking the same question since August

https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=97751#p97751

There is a phone number for pre-sales inquiries under the support tab on the main site.