• gcsjordan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
16 Dec 2020 12:11 #1 by gcsjordan
Model: 2927ac
Firmware: 4.2.0.2

Just thought I'd post this as a weird issue I just came across installing one of the new 2927ac models.

We first installed the device with WAN1, WAN2, WAN5 and WAN6 enabled. We are only actually using WAN1 but the others are enabled by default.

WAN1 is connected to a shared Ethernet circuit using PPPoE credentials. This worked and came up straight away however we noticed the GUI was bit unresponsive and sluggish. We then enabled remote access, added our IPs to the ACL and then we started noticing packet loss.

Turned off the ACL and it was better but still occasional packet loss.

Turned off WAN2, WAN5 and WAN6 so ONLY WAN1 was enabled and packet loss went away. Turned back on ACL and still no packet loss.

I'm guessing something in the routing logic when those other WANs is enabled is a bit wonky and turning on ACL made it worse.

Not the worse thing I've ever had with early Draytek firmware (I still remember the 2830 v2 lol) but I thought worth noting in case anyone else experiences the same. This site isn't live yet but I can imagine if installing in a live site the intermittent packet loss would be a lot more frustrating for some people since turning off unused WANs is not normally a logical cause.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.