eBay 2860

• beef dogg
  • Topic Author
More
16 Jan 2021 17:56 #7 by beef dogg
Replied by beef dogg on topic Re: eBay 2860

hornbyp wrote:

Beef Dogg wrote:
On a tangent in regards to the 2860, It looks like its not going to cut the throughput i will need, Unfortunately, I don't have £240 for the first gigabit throughput Router Draytek do, The 2925 (2927). :(

In this thread: https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23802#p97579, there was a claim (by one of the forum's mysterious 'admins'), that the lowly Vigor 2762 can give "close to gigabit performance". Personally, I'm extremely sceptical, but the claim appears to have been verified by an end-user.

My request for further information went unanswered...

Im not buying it, I (the company I work for), have had serious issues with through put with the slightly more serious bits of kit, 2960 iirc, Throttling speeds quite dramatically (Everything looking better with a 2927Lac, which went in on Friday)

For what I expect a router to do, wouldn't dip under the 28XX series.

Considering the price jump, the only device that comes close at my price point is a second hand Unify USG, less features but definitely gets the full throughput. Would definelty end up forcing my hand to replace the AP910s...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jan 2021 17:09 #8 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: eBay 2860

Bought a 2860 from a seller on eBay and have done the usual factory reset and TFTP FW flash and the normal admin/admin password still does not work. Is there resellers or bulk buyers that change the defaults and resell? I have emailed Draytek support for more info but im not holding my breath.

I think the factory username/password is admin & password or admin and no password at all.

I'm planning on swapping my older 2860 for a 2862 i've had at another property for a while and selling my 2860 on eBay later this week. Working perfectly on firmware 3.8.9.4_BT 576D17_A/B/C HW: A if you want it.

More
28 Jan 2021 13:23 #9 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: eBay 2860
It is 'admin/admin' but yes, some 3rd party bulk ISPs can order special OEM variants with their own settings. In those cases, they normally retain
ownership and responsibility for the product - and normally they shouldn't be resold. DrayTek support would be unable to support those products.

Forum Administrator

More
30 Jan 2021 20:49 #10 by jon-b
Replied by jon-b on topic Re: eBay 2860
Beef Dogg,

Did the units come from the seller 'assetclear'? And if so, are you unable to get past the login screen?

If so, I'm probably having the same issues as you. I'd expected a firmware reinstall to sort everything out but it's not looking good. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with this (and if you could do likewise that would be appreciated) but I'm fast coming to the conclusion that they'll have to be returned.

Jon