Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 130 - Half download speeds, less than 1 upload

• m0ngr3ll
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2021 02:01 #1 by m0ngr3ll
Hi all, my setup has been working great for months, no changes made to it including any recent updates, then within the past two weeks my speeds have been a download of between 26-40 for what should be 63 on an Ethernet connection and 1 or lower upload out of what should be 18/19.
I'm with Sky, who I got in touch with and confirmed there's no fault with the line (Tested the Sky SR102 Router and speeds were what they should be). The Vigor 130 is a bridge for my Netgear XR500, spoke to them and the XR500 seems to be fine.
The Vigor 130 seems to pick and choose after a reboot if it feels like giving me full speeds or not, weirdly when it has this problem it seriously lower my Upload speeds to 1035 but increases the Download to around 69000 but I don't get more than 40 download. Even weirder, download speeds over Wifi perform better, reaching around 51.
I e-mailed support who told me to try the VDSL Snr -20 command, which didn't work, then they told me to phone support which I don't have time to do at the moment so I'm hoping someone on here can help me out.
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2021 05:50 #2 by adrianh54

m0ngr3ll wrote:
Hi all, my setup has been working great for months, no changes made to it including any recent updates, then within the past two weeks my speeds have been a download of between 26-40 for what should be 63 on an Ethernet connection and 1 or lower upload out of what should be 18/19.
I'm with Sky, who I got in touch with and confirmed there's no fault with the line (Tested the Sky SR102 Router and speeds were what they should be). The Vigor 130 is a bridge for my Netgear XR500, spoke to them and the XR500 seems to be fine.
The Vigor 130 seems to pick and choose after a reboot if it feels like giving me full speeds or not, weirdly when it has this problem it seriously lower my Upload speeds to 1035 but increases the Download to around 69000 but I don't get more than 40 download. Even weirder, download speeds over Wifi perform better, reaching around 51.
I e-mailed support who told me to try the VDSL Snr -20 command, which didn't work, then they told me to phone support which I don't have time to do at the moment so I'm hoping someone on here can help me out.
Thanks!

You don't have time to phone support but do haver time to write here and wait hours/days for an answer?

1) try a new ethernet cable from modem to router.

2) factory reset the modem

3) reflash the firmware

4) test the modem with a different power supply, failing adapters are a frequent cause of things like this.

5) what firmware are you running?

6) when you have an issue get a full set of stats from the modem so we can see if they show an issue.

• m0ngr3ll
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2021 17:28 #3 by m0ngr3ll

AdrianH54 wrote:

You don't have time to phone support but do haver time to write here and wait hours/days for an answer?

Nope, with work, studies, caring for family, family in general and just life in general, I don't have time to be on hold for an ungodly amount of time and then have to walk through it all over the phone. If I had the time during operating hours, I would. I may have to take a sick day and make the time soon. The forum is alot easier as well, I can post my problem and read, try and reply when possible.

AdrianH54 wrote:
1) try a new ethernet cable from modem to router.

2) factory reset the modem

3) reflash the firmware

4) test the modem with a different power supply, failing adapters are a frequent cause of things like this.

5) what firmware are you running?

6) when you have an issue get a full set of stats from the modem so we can see if they show an issue.

A few of these I've tried, the power supply is a weird one I would never have thought of so I've just ordered one.
The Firmware is the 3.8.4.1 BT Firmware.
How would I copy the set of stats?
Thanks for the suggestions mate, be amazing if it was just a faulty power supply!

• adrianh54
  • User
  • User
More
23 Jan 2021 06:14 #4 by adrianh54
Okay, life is weird at the moment.

To grab stats open the Vigor130 GUI > look at the top right of the pane> the middle icon is "Web Console" , click that and a new window opens.

You need to type 2 commands:

First "vdsl status" (without parenthesis) then hit enter

Second type " vdsl status more " > enter

that will give you a full set of stats, copy paste that to a file.

Copy needs Ctrl button on keyboard and left mouse button. You can paste the result here.

More
23 Jan 2021 08:55 #5 by piste basher
I know nothing about Sky (spawn of the devil as far as I'm concerned :lol: ) and apologise if this is about sucking eggs, but I assume you have enabled "Option 61" or whatever it is you have to do to get Sky to work properly? (see the nearby thread about 130 speeds on Sky).