DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Wi-Fi dropping? Draytek 2862ac and AP-903

More
30 Jan 2021 17:22 #7 by g6ifs
You don't have WEP3 enabled in the WiFi security section by any chance? If so switch it off and I think your problem will go away.
I've had problems with my iPhone occasionally asking for a password, and a colleague kept finding his laptop not able to access the internet. Since switching WEP3 off they have all behaved correctly.
I am using AP903's in case it helps in two places, home and work and both places suffered the same issues.

Neil..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2021 18:12 #8 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Wi-Fi dropping? Draytek 2862ac and AP-903
My experience with 4 AP903s in a mesh with a 2926ac as the root - serving an iPhone and iPads as well as a number of IOT devices (on a separate VLAN) - with the "WPA2/WPA3" option enabled on the 903s the iPhone (this being the device that moves around more than the others) would fairly frequently pop up the "incorrect password" message. I switched the 903s to WPA2 only and it still does it occasionally, but nowhere near as frequently. Switching wifi off on the phone and back on again resolves the issue. I have no idea why this annoying behaviour occurs.

• rmistry22
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
04 Feb 2021 11:47 #9 by rmistry22
Replied by rmistry22 on topic Re: Wi-Fi dropping? Draytek 2862ac and AP-903
Interesting and thank you for your response.

I don't have WPA3 enabled on the AP903. Both are set to WPA2.

I've enabled 802.11r over the air and enforced minimum RSSI of -62dBm and that seem to have reduced the number of disconnects and requests for passwords, although we have power outages a few days ago and everything rebooted several times after months of router uptime (the VDSL still disconnects at random early in the morning / late night for no reason)

R