DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862AC - LG TV Internet Connection Issue

• davospike
  • Topic Author
More
25 Feb 2021 11:33 #1 by davospike
Hi

Having moved on from an Asus DSL-AC88U – primarily as I am (waiting) to combine a Plusnet line with a virgin media connection – once they finally dig the street up to repair a previous dig where they lost my cable!!.

I have recently purchased an LG OLED55CX TV which is great however I am having internet issues with the Draytek as the TV refuses to connect to the internet on a wired lan or wifi but is perfectly happy when I use the Asus (or any other router I try). I have tried numerous settings on the Draytek such as Igmp snooping on/off which doesn't make any difference but the TV refuses on initial setup (if I reset the TV) to connect then strangely after a short while with the Lan cable plugged in the apps do connect such as netflix etc but the core TV OS – ie looking for updates etc and the ability to airplay which is my primary annoyance refuses to connect over a LAN or wifi. I cannot see what else I can 'tweak' to get the TV happily talking to the Draytek. I'm using firmware 3.9.4.1BT. Seems like there's a security issue somewhere but I can't pin it down

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2021 15:16 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: Vigor 2862AC - LG TV Internet Connection Issue
DNS Issue maybe?

When connected by cable what does the TV say? Just that it cannot get an IP address or...?

• davospike
  • Topic Author
More
25 Feb 2021 15:53 #3 by davospike
Hi,

Yes on the TV it says no internet and on the Tv graphics (it shows a little pictogram) it stalls on the DNS (it goes through a connectivity - Lan - DNS - Internet process) I've tried changing the DNS from Plusnet's default to Google - 8.8.8.8 on both the router and TV as I've read elsewhere this can make a difference but this didn't help.

With the wifi the TV gives a different error of 'no signal' which is strange as it actually shows it connected to wifi but failing at the DNS again on the on-screen pictogram

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
25 Feb 2021 17:46 #4 by hornbyp

davospike wrote:
I have tried numerous settings on the Draytek

Is the 2862AC new? (Is there any possibility of a previous owner's settings being in there?)

the apps do connect such as netflix etc

Well the apps are just programs using the TVs networking features. If some programs (like Netflix) work and other's like the 'Update routine' don't, that's got to be either an App. issue, or per-port/per IP firewalling somewhere (surely).

Seems like there's a security issue somewhere but I can't pin it down

If the Draytek is trying to tell you something, it will be doing so via SYSLOG. You can battle your way through the onboard SYSLOG viewer in the GUI - or install Draytek's SYSlogrd software on a PC (2 minute job :wink: )

Incidentally, Netflix has a built-in Network Tester (somewhere in the "Help"...it varies by client). It's meant to do a performance test, but also shows you the network parameters of the host device.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
25 Feb 2021 18:59 #5 by rolandrat
Have you got 'Applications' ' DNS security' turned on as that used to cause this problem.

http://www.forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=23003&p=94536#p94536

• davospike
  • Topic Author
More
26 Feb 2021 10:40 #6 by davospike
Hi Guys thanks for the replies and yes it was the DNS Security that did it!

Tv is happy now!