Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862AC - LG TV Internet Connection Issue

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
27 Feb 2021 01:34 #7 by hornbyp

davospike wrote:
yes it was the DNS Security that did it! ...Tv is happy now!

Well I'm glad you got your Tele working, but this raises more questions than it answers!

For one thing, "DNS Security" is supposedly OFF, by default. (It is in the simulator: http://eu.draytek.com:12862/ )

And are we really saying ,that LG have a domain somewhere, that they've incorrectly signed with DNSSEC :?:

Poking round LG's web site , I found this absolute belter of a problem statement (and cure):

LG wrote: DNS Servers are often the cause of App Issues on LG Smart TVs. You may see apps disappear, give error messages, or appear in your Home Launcher Bar, yet refuse to open. Setting manual DNS servers may also resolve "App needs to updated" messages, especially if trying to perform the update fails.

Maybe they get a cut of Google's advertising revenue, by sending all those lovely DNS lookups their way :?:

Roll up, roll up, get yer free DNS servers. What have you got to lose? :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• qwaz01
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2021 14:56 #8 by qwaz01
I bought a LG OLED48CX yesterday and couldn't get it to connect to my v2865. Luckily I checked this forum before messing around with my settings, turning off DNSSEC fixed the issue straight away.

Vigor2865Lac
4.3.1.1_BT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.