DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor router and BT cloud phone

• clyde123
  • Topic Author
More
23 Mar 2021 13:42 #1 by clyde123
Vigor router and BT cloud phone was created by clyde123
Hello, I installed a Vigor 2762 yesterday - all went great - but this morning the user messaged me that their phones are not working.
Seems they use BT Cloud Phone, which is a hosted Voip package, and a BT Hub 6.
What I'm wondering, what I don't know, is whether I can configure the BT Cloud Phone service in the Vigor 2762. Is that just a normal Voip service?
If it's a normal Voip service should I have used a V version of the 2762 ? Would that work?

I've got a page shows BT Cloud Phone ports and firewalls.
But is there anything "magic" in the BT Hub which recognises their service ? Does the BT service block out non-BT routers?

Sorry if this seems very noobie but I'd appreciate anyone's expertise before I go spending time pretending I know what I'm doing :-) .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• andrew_toole
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
27 Mar 2021 08:32 #2 by andrew_toole
Replied by andrew_toole on topic Re: Vigor router and BT cloud phone
Have you tried disabling ALG? On the 2927, this is option is found under the NAT settings.

• clyde123
  • Topic Author
More
05 Apr 2021 10:56 #3 by clyde123
Replied by clyde123 on topic Re: Vigor router and BT cloud phone
Thanks andrew_toole

For follow up, this all went well eventually.
I removed the BT hub, and installed the Vigor 2762n.
Port forwarded a couple of ports, for the voip.
Made sure the separate BT ATA (or ATA / dect base station) was connected direct to the router. Actually I set that router port as a VLAN, with only the ATA on it, and allocated a different subnet. Just to keep the voip separate from the office network.
Connected, power cycled everything, and it works.

There's a thread on this on the ThinkBroadband forums. (Not sure whether I can include a link - easy to google it). Then look for the thread in the BT sub-forum "Using BT cloud phone and third party router Draytek".