Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2860ln firmware update 3.8.2_VT1 to 3.9.0_BT

• truffle-master
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
26 Mar 2021 09:48 #7 by truffle-master
Replied by truffle-master on topic Re: Vigor 2860ln firmware update 3.8.2_VT1 to 3.9.0_BT
Thanks, very helpful thank you.
I shall have a read and think about my next steps. I have since come into another 2860 so will update and migrate it over to it. Not messing with the production one until I know it all works.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sabreur
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2021 19:11 #8 by sabreur
I have done this update but there are problems with my 2860n.

The install and reboot went without a hitch but then I discovered some VPN issues.

I have 3 sites connected in a LAN-to-LAN ring using L2TP over ipSEC. Testing was a challenge as all sites are in lockdown and one is in France!

A dial-in connection from a 2830, functions normally (phew! that's the french end!). A dial out connection to a TP-Link box refused to connect and the 2860 end had to be removed and reconfigured. A dial-in teleworker connection from my laptop is a a train crash! I'm not sure where the problem lies but I had to upgrade the client to make a connection but the only way to disconnect is a reboot!

A reload of the config backup had no effect.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
30 Mar 2021 00:20 #9 by hornbyp

sabreur wrote:
I have done this update but there are problems with my 2860n.

My 2860n doesn't like V3.9.0 :cry:

One of the symptoms, was the inability to establish an outbound L2TP/IPSec VPN (Syslog was full of messages suggesting a lack of memory)
See: https://forum.draytek.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24124