Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2927 and Google / Nest mini issues.

• carguy143
  • Topic Author
More
29 Mar 2021 18:33 #1 by carguy143
2927 and Google / Nest mini issues. was created by carguy143
Hi there,

I have several Google mini speakers and since setting up the 2927, the paired stereo speakers will not play music. The individual speakers are fine and I have tried factory resetting everything and starting again. Has anyone come across this?

I'm a bit annoyed as I only just discovered this outside of my 14 day returns window. The speakers were fine with my old Netgear router.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rolandrat
  • User
  • User
More
29 Mar 2021 20:52 #2 by rolandrat
Replied by rolandrat on topic Re: 2927 and Google / Nest mini issues.
Is DNS security turned on as that messes with LG TV's for some reason, so may be similar.
Anything in Syslog?
Turn DOS protection off for a minute and see if any of the options on their cause a issue.
Fraggle attack can cause issues, has for me in the past.

• hornbyp
  • User
  • User
More
30 Mar 2021 00:24 #3 by hornbyp
Replied by hornbyp on topic Re: 2927 and Google / Nest mini issues.

rolandrat wrote:
Is DNS security turned on as that messes with LG TV's for some reason, so may be similar.

The reason, can surely only be, either that LG's DNS is misconfigured, or Draytek's checking is flawed...

Has anyone attempted to contact LG about this :?: (I know this is easy said than done, having tried and failed many times, to contact major companies about misconfigured SPF records and such like :cry: )

• johngalt
  • User
  • User
More
30 Mar 2021 09:00 #4 by johngalt
Replied by johngalt on topic Re: 2927 and Google / Nest mini issues.
Where's the music source? From Internet or from LAN (your smart phone...etc)?

If Internet, yes DNS could be the direction to check.

If from LAN, you may want to check that in Wireless LAN 2.4GHz >> Advanced Setting, the last item is "Isolate 2.4GHz and 5GHz band". Try disable it and see if you can play music again.

More
30 Mar 2021 09:05 #5 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2927 and Google / Nest mini issues.
I don't have any Google speakers but I do have several Alexa devices and Sonos speakers scattered around, all working fine since I changed my 2926ac for a 2927ac. Hard to see why Google stuff should be any different :?:

• carguy143
  • Topic Author
More
30 Mar 2021 09:24 #6 by carguy143
Replied by carguy143 on topic Re: 2927 and Google / Nest mini issues.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I may have sussed it out.

I've assigned my Google Nest speakers static IP addresses and since then I'm able to stream YouTube music to all my speakers including my stereo paired speakers. When checking the DHCP settings I noticed an option about DHCP reusing IP addresses early for devices that are inactive for a while. I wonder if this was causing Google and the speakers to lose sync with each other?

To answer other questions, my WiFi network is set to allow devices on 2.4 and 5 GHz to talk to each other. Band steering is enabled, too. As for DNS, I've tried with both Google's and my ISPs. Secure DNS is disabled.