DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

port forwarding with draytek 2862n for VOIP

• zenjudomaster
  • Topic Author
More
07 Apr 2021 10:36 #1 by zenjudomaster
port forwarding with draytek 2862n for VOIP was created by zenjudomaster
i have a Draytek 2862n and have it connected to a omnipcx alcatel, it requires the following: UDP traffic from 217.145.67.2 port 5060 and 217.145.67.3 ports 30000 – 65000 for the calls to work i have tried port forwarding but it wont work, does anyone have any ideas please. many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2021 11:20 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: port forwarding with draytek 2862n for VOIP
I don't know about the Alcatel but I use a Gigaset Voip and found that it works with Open Ports rather than Port Redirection. I think (it's a while ago now) that I tried port redirection but for some reason it didn't work, although I have no idea why.

More
14 Apr 2021 11:41 #3 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: port forwarding with draytek 2862n for VOIP
I think you have to firstly open ports then if you want traffic entering through a port redirecting to wherever you need to configure port redirection too.

I think port redirection alone won't allow traffic inward initially in the first place.

More
14 Apr 2021 15:28 #4 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: port forwarding with draytek 2862n for VOIP
Not according to Draytek ? https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/5787

More
14 Apr 2021 18:41 #5 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: port forwarding with draytek 2862n for VOIP
Didn't know you could just do redirection on it's own. I lied unintentionally above, i don't use open ports and redirects together effectively doubling up.

I don't know anything about Voip but the default IP address's of a Draytek router begin 192.168.1.1 etc and if the omnipcx alcatel system is forcing a different IP address range then it won't work.

Outwardly i'll assume like any other device you don't need to open ports. Inwardly you do, so you'd open a port or range of ports in the router and point any incoming traffic to an internal IP address, the IP address of the omnipcx alcatel which should begin 192.168.1.?

I'll assume (again i know nothing about Voip) the omnipcx alcatel system will route the incoming connection to it's intended Voip phone.

I'm guessing, i know nothing about Voip phone systems. I think all you need to do is two things, make sure the omnipcx alcatel system has an ip address within the 192.168.1.? range I'd force it to start at 192.168.1.100 using bind to ip address and simply just open port 5060 (don't redirect, it's not necessary), just simply open it and point it to the ip address of your phone system. Ignore the need to do anything with ports 30000 to 65000 as i think the omnipcx alcatel system will be granted in/outgoing connections between this range automatically by the router, nothing to do.

Port 5060 at the IP address 217.145.67.2 is open. Port 60000 at the ip address 217.145.67.2 is Filtered

NAT > OPEN PORTS > Index No 1

Enable, give it a name, select the correct WAN interface, leave source ip as Any, type in the internal LAN ip address of the phone system. Start port 5060, End port 5060. Then Click OK. Done.

More
14 May 2021 11:13 #6 by 6by9
I don't know if this support page from A&A will help you out when using your VOIP provider - https://support.aa.net.uk/VoIP_Phones_-_Draytek