DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Cannot Print through Wifi on Vigor2862n

More
14 Apr 2021 17:24 #1 by rchex
I have setup a Vigor 2862n router and the internet is working fine and the wifi is working in respects that the internet is working to the laptops etc. The problem is when the laptops are connected to the wifi they will not print, basically they do not see any printers or ping them either but plug them into the network and they will print and ping everything. Prior to this router we had a BT hub 6 and everything worked fine including printing through wifi.
I am not that familiar with the vigor and do not know which settings need to be looked at.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Apr 2021 18:20 #2 by g6ifs
Sounds like WiFi Isolation is on, you will need to switch it off to allow laptop to printer to communicate with each other.

More
14 Apr 2021 19:06 #3 by akwe-xavante
Replied by akwe-xavante on topic Re: Cannot Print through Wifi on Vigor2862n
By default wifi isolation shouldn't be switched on? Have you switched wifi isolation on for some reason? LAN > VLAN

I had a similar problem with an ethernet network Printer. When a Win10 laptop was connected via a cable it worked, when it was connected via wifi it didn't.

It only effected the Win10 devices, it didn't affect any Win7 devices i had.

I had to give the printer a fixed ip address using strict bind. Turn off the printer, reboot the router. Switch the printer back on. I then had to uninstall the printers, then using the built in Win10 "Add A Printer" wizard i started to setup a new network printer by IP/TCP.

This worked for me, i can now print either by cable or by wifi on the Win10 devices.

More
28 Apr 2021 11:43 #4 by rchex
Hi
Thank you for both replies, I have not turned on wifi isolation or at least I don`t think I have, I am not onsite at the moment but will check as soon as I can. Is it a straight forward option to see and change?

There are no windows 7 devices at all so I cannot check if they work, I did notice though you cannot see a printer or devices from a mobile (on wifi) either whereas beforehand through the bt router everthing worked
The printers onsite are all fixed ip`s and have been restarted several times as has the router prior to me posting here.

• mstokes
  • User
  • User
More
28 Apr 2021 14:13 #5 by mstokes
Replied by mstokes on topic Re: Cannot Print through Wifi on Vigor2862n
Do you have VLANs configured? What IP address does your laptop have when connected by wifi? What IP address does your laptop have when connected by Ethernet cable?

WiFi Isolate checkbox is on <Wireless LAN><General settings>. It should only affect isolation between wifi clients.