Bridge mode on Vigor 2927

• gswhite
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
27 Apr 2021 19:06 #1 by gswhite
Bridge mode on Vigor 2927 was created by gswhite
Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to help.

I am looking at a specific requirement for a small client. They are a software house and have invested in Unifi and a UDM Pro to run their network.

They are based in the UK and have a Full Fibre 900Mbps Dual WAN Setup. The issue is the UDM Pro has a problem with it's PPPoE driver and is unable to perform to the full internet speed. Generally only getting around 650Mbps on both links.

I have taken the liberty of trying some consumer routers on their connections, and devices like Asus perform very well and provide full speed. SO I would like to test a Draytek to see how it performs.

However, I do not want a double-nat issue, as they host Servers on their network.

So I started investigating Draytek Vigors, specifically the '2927' for Dual WAN. The feature I wanted to ask advice on is Bridge mode?

Point 1: In Bridge mode on the Vigors, will the 2927 log in to the UK ISP using PPPoE, and then pass through the public address to a specified LAN port?

Point 2: Or will Bridge mode still require PPPoE from the Unifi device to the Vigor 2927 to recieve the public address?

If Point 1 is the correct solution, how should the Unifi device be configured on it's own WAN interface? DHCP, Static??

Very interested to hear if anyone has used such a solution or knows the correct configuration and function?

Thanks in advance.
Gary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.