DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Ports 8003 & 8444 exposed to the internet

More
07 May 2021 16:28 #7 by admin3
Thanks for providing those additional details :) I'm glad that the SSL VPN setting fixed your TCP 8444 open as I wasn't aware of what the port could be otherwise (custom to your setup).

It looks like the TCP 8003 problem might be ongoing due to some confusion about the settings that cause it. You can stop it yourself by going to External Devices and disabling Switch Management, but that will also stop you from using Switch Management on the LAN, until that's fixed so it doesn't respond from the WAN side, in firmware.

Forum Administrator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2021 18:14 #8 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: Ports 8003 & 8444 exposed to the internet
Thanks for the update but Switch Management is already disabled.....yet port 8003 still remains open for me.

Anything I can try or is it a case of waiting until new Firmware for a fix?

More
17 May 2021 10:13 #9 by admin3
Contact support and get 4.3.1 RC6 BT, that stops it responding if switch management is disabled. It looks like this is going to be fixed completely in the next main firmware release, so it won't respond from WAN under any circumstances.

Forum Administrator

More
20 May 2021 09:16 #10 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: Ports 8003 & 8444 exposed to the internet
Thanks for the update.

Yes I've had a ticket open with support open for a couple of weeks now. I have referenced this thread with me which got me a lot more traction on the issue (thanks for your comments) but I've been told the Engineering team will look into this and provide a fix in due course. No mention of an RC firmware I could use in the meantime sadly.