• Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
16 May 2021 14:29 #1 by dlangham
Halo3+ Full Fibre 900 + Hybrid Connect was created by dlangham
Hi,

I am after some advice if possible.
My current setup is BT Infinity connected to a 2862Lac which is great and has been rock solid and love all the features etc, I have recently ordered BT Full Fibre 900 (Halo 3+) which is due to be installed next week and the package comes with a Smart Hub 2, WiFi discs and Hybrid Connect (4G Failover MiniHub). The kit has arrived and to be honest it is really good and works well giving me a complete WiFi coverage around the house, but obviously lacks some of the features I am use to like VPN, policy routing etc.
I am fully aware that my current 2862 will not handle the throughput so I have been looking at the 2960 for VPN and Firewall duties, but I want to know if the following setup will work!
Full fibre ONT ---> 2960 ---> Smart Hub 2 + 4G ---> Internal Network.
Now... the Smart Hub currently makes the connection and monitors it for failover to the 4G MiniHub, is it possible to allow the SmartHub to authenticate through the 2960, but use the 2960 firewall and features etc. Or maybe allow the 2960 to make the connection and pass back so the SmartHub can monitor it for failover.
I have been googling and searching this forum, but I don't seem to be able to find the answer, the nearest I have come to is Bridge Mode + Firewall, but I am not sure if this will work or not and I don't want to order a new 2960 to find out I have wasted my money.
Any help and/or advice would be very much appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.