DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

• jeroenn
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2021 11:01 #1 by jeroenn
2925 was created by jeroenn
Hi,
I'm having several 2925 but when installing with 2 of them I have a problem.
When plugging in the internet modem cable the WAN1 led isn't turned on and the router can not function with internet.
Even when a reset is conducted, no changes are visible.
I had this with 2 new 2925 routers.
Does anybody have a clue for me? Is this a common issue with this model? It's quite a coincidence in my opinion...
I do have this wit the standard model and n+Plus, but I have a feeling it may happen with any 2925 model when unlucky

Thanks for helping,
BR Jeroen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 May 2021 14:32 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2925
Interested to see that you have new 2925s - that model hasn't been available for some years. I think even its successor the 2926 is discontinued now.

Presumably you have configured the correct settings for your ISP in the router?

In answer to your question, I ran a 2925 for some time and never had the problem you describe.

• jeroenn
  • Topic Author
More
20 May 2021 14:47 #3 by jeroenn
Replied by jeroenn on topic Re: 2925
That's correct. I started with 2925 and because we have several places to rent out, I installed multiple routers and still on the second hand market I can find them when we have a new location...
It's for the cost and maintenance interesting.

The ISP has indeed the right settings, as we have tested it with a normal 2925 as well...

As I got this problem now 2 times, I thought it might be a common issue. Whatever I do at the settings, it doesn't make any difference... even not after a reset.

The Act LED is on. Nothing seems to be abnormal, however the WAN1 (or WAN2) is not blinking and of course no internet connection.

BR Jeroen