Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2862 - firewall filter set comment bug [FW 3.9.6.1]

• richjg
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 May 2021 17:46 #1 by richjg
Recently upgraded my Vigor 2862 from 3.9.4.1 to 3.9.6.1, and hit a strange bug in the Firewall Filter settings via browser.

I couldn't edit any of the rules, the actual link for each rule in a set wasn't 'clickable'. I could create rules in a new set, but existing rules wouldn't open.

I tracked it down to rule sets that have a minus "-" character in the comments field. With a comment such as "LAN1-2 printer", all rules in that set can't be edited. Removing the minus sign re-enables the editing of the rules.

You can repro even on the default data filter. Change the comment to "Default Data-Filter" and the rules can't be edited until the minus is removed.

I've reported to support, but just reporting here just in case anyone else hits the same strange bug coming from 3.9.4.1 where it just happened to work fine!

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• service_bb
  • User
  • User
More
22 May 2021 08:35 #2 by service_bb
IIRC pretty sure it'll be the same on the v4 firmwares on the 2927 for the Port Open section, I've been able to use - in the past but had to use _ a few days ago, caught me off guard for second.

Draytek have always been a bit funny about the use of - on the Linux based routers (2960, 3900) so this surprised me when I saw it on a DrayOS model.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.