2862ac Mesh Error after Firmware upgrade

• green_grass
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
24 May 2021 16:42 #1 by green_grass
2862ac Mesh Error after Firmware upgrade was created by green_grass
I upgraded my firmware to the latest version 3.9.6.1_BT today and after this the mesh setup page shows the following error message.

Error : Invalid Basic Configurations. Please check Administrator Password and SSID/WPA Key.

Has anyone seen this error message before?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Aug 2021 13:35 #2 by aws
I've just seen this on the exact same setup, 3.9.6.1_BT on a 2862ac.

I've submitted a ticket to support, but not confident of a reliable response seeing as your query is from May (over 2 months ago).

• green_grass
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
14 Aug 2021 13:29 #3 by green_grass
Replied by green_grass on topic Re: 2862ac Mesh Error after Firmware upgrade
I contacted support, from memory the admin password on the router was the issue, My old admin password for the router was 40 characters long and only had letter numbers and the hyphen character in it. Once I changed it then the Mesh error went away.

More
14 Aug 2021 13:41 #4 by aws
Yes it does seem to be admin password related. Mine included a "-" (hyphen/minus) character, as soon as I got rid of this everything worked. I found the same if the password contains the " (quotation) character or : (colon) character. Seems as though a lot of special characters are not allowed, but these are allowed and cause problems. Seems a little odd not to allow special characters in passwords.

I raised a ticket with support who are feeding this back to Taiwan. I think we should see it fixed in a firmware update soon.

• green_grass
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
15 Aug 2021 11:46 #5 by green_grass
Replied by green_grass on topic Re: 2862ac Mesh Error after Firmware upgrade
I agree, such a simple thing to fix with character checking before accepting a password that can mess up other config.