DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2865 WAN performance limits

More
11 Jun 2021 10:23 #7 by pharcyder
Replied by pharcyder on topic Re: 2865 WAN performance limits
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you for putting the feature request in. I'll revert to using a local VPN client for the time being.

In your experience, how long until the mothership would implement such a request?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2021 10:00 #8 by pharcyder
Support sent me an RC of 4.3.2 which I can confirm resolves the performance issues I saw on WAN2 to other internet devices. Tested using 2 devices running iPerf each connected a gigabit line over the internet. 900Mb/s - 920Mb/s throughput even with WAN1 enabled in standby mode. Excellent!

Sadly it didn't address NAT loopback performance nor did it add support for Hardware Acceleration for IPSec tunnels in NAT mode. Hopefully that will follow.

@admin3 did HA for IPSec tunnels in NAT mode make it onto the firmware roadmap for implementation?

More
21 Jul 2021 11:09 #9 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2865 WAN performance limits
The firmware team are still looking into it, it's quite a bit more complex for them to accelerate NAT VPN traffic and NAT loopback traffic.

It's good to know that the new firmware has improved performance overall for you though :)

Forum Administrator

More
21 Oct 2021 12:53 #10 by pharcyder
@admin3 Did the firmware team make any progress on this issue?

My 2865 is connected to a gigabit link and when high volume traffic is sent over the VPN Tunnel (in NAT mode), the router's CPU is pegged at 100% causing high latency on all LAN & WAN ports.