DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 3900 reboots automatically

• badgerfruit
  • Topic Author
More
17 Jun 2021 09:14 #1 by badgerfruit
Vigor 3900 reboots automatically was created by badgerfruit
As per subject, the box used to suffer issues with memory leaking and it'd crash quite frequently. To get around this, I set up a Time Object ("Daily") for Monday - Friday 4:45am and then enabled the scheduled reboot option, selecting the Daily object. We've since upgraded the firmware and I want to cancel this scheduled reboot.

I have deleted the time object and cleared the tick from the "Enable scheduled reboot" box (System Maintenance > Reboot System > Schedule Reboot). When I click the "Schedule Time Object" drop-down, it tells me (correctly) "No items to show". If I then try to "Apply" these settings, it saves OK but still reboots - at the time specified in the time object!

I have downloaded the configuration backup, extracted it and I can see the config files for the schedule_reboot and when I open it with notepad/sublime, it shows:

Code:
config 'schedule_reboot' 'profile' option 'uciid' '1' option 'timeobj' 'daily' option 'status' 'disable'

My questions are:
1. How do I get it to actually NOT reboot
2. If I edit the config file, add it back to the tar.gz and re-upload to the Dreytek, am I likely to break it??

Thank you for reading and I hope the community can help!
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• badgerfruit
  • Topic Author
More
22 Mar 2022 10:26 #2 by badgerfruit
Replied by badgerfruit on topic Re: Vigor 3900 reboots automatically
SOLVED

So I managed to figure this out myself: log into the web GUI > System Maintenance > Configuration Backup.

From there, go into the Analysis tab and it breaks down each different configuration file and provides a "Factory reset" option for it.

I browsed down and located the scheduled reboot option and reset it. No more nightly reboots!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.