2765ac 4.3.1.1 and iOS Devices

• gcsjordan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jun 2021 11:08 #1 by gcsjordan
2765ac 4.3.1.1 and iOS Devices was created by gcsjordan
Just sent out a new 2765ac running 4.3.1.1 to a customer and none of their iOS Devices will connect to the Built-in WiFi.

Their devices are on iOS 14.6 and no further updates seem to be offered to them.

I note 4.3.1.1 had several CVE fixes. Has anyone seen any issues with iOS devices and this firmware?

I'm considering maybe trying to downgrade to 4.3.1 and seeing if that has any effect.

The iOS Devices don't get much of an error, they just say unable to connect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2021 16:12 #2 by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Re: 2765ac 4.3.1.1 and iOS Devices
What WPA encryption have you set on the wifi? I seem to recall my iOS devices had problems with WPA3 on my 2927ac, so I stick with WPA2.

• gcsjordan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
21 Jun 2021 16:20 #3 by gcsjordan
Replied by gcsjordan on topic Re: 2765ac 4.3.1.1 and iOS Devices
WPA2/PSK currently.

More
21 Jun 2021 19:52 #4 by admin3
Replied by admin3 on topic Re: 2765ac 4.3.1.1 and iOS Devices
Strange, I've got an iPhone SE 2015 and an iPad Mini 4 connected to a Vigor 2865ac router on 4.3.1.1BT firmware with WPA2/PSK and they connect without issue. The Vigor 2865ac and 2765ac have very similar wireless, so what works on one should work on the other.

They're both on 14.6 right now with no later update available.

It could be specific to certain Apple devices? Please get in touch with support so that they can work on resolving it. One other thing to check though is whether maybe the network has an access list for MAC addresses, in which case make sure that the iOS private address mode isn't breaking access to that.

Forum Administrator

• gcsjordan
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jun 2021 03:16 #5 by gcsjordan
Replied by gcsjordan on topic Re: 2765ac 4.3.1.1 and iOS Devices
Thanks @admin3

The iPad is an iPad 2 and the iPhone I think they said was an iPhone 11.

No Mac Address Access Lists configured. This is a fairly vanilla config honestly.

I have reached out to support as well and waiting for them to respond at the moment.

I didn't think to grab a copy of the log in syslog explorer earlier but when they were trying to connect it looked to me like the device was associating and then immediately disassociating for some reason.